Insanity

Narrator's P.O.V.

The three had spent at least an hour in the inky darkness of the Eichen House basement, not even aware of what Stiles was looking for.  Until about an hour and a half in, when Stiles spotted a certain symbol on the wall that awakened a memory in his mind.  

"Who are we?"

The mummified demon appeared in his mind abrubtly, reminding him that he didn't have long until the Nogitsune had full control of his mind and body.  

"Stiles?  Do you see that?" Valerie's finger traveled in the direction of the symbol, similar to the number five, and hovered in front of it.

"Y-yeah, I see it," he muttered as his hand slid along the smooth, unscathed gray surface of the wall.

"I think it's hollow!" Malia gasped as she rapped her knuckle on the wall.  Instead of a silent noise, a dank echo replied.  

"We have to get through-" Stiles wrapped his hands around a nearby shovel, but before he could attack the pavement, Valerie placed her hand on his shoulder and smiled.

"Allow me."  She stood back a couple of feet from the wall, her body poised.  She rubbed her knuckles tenderly before swiftly slamming her fist into the wall.  The impact echoed, the wall shaking up to the ceiling.  Again and again Valerie slammed her fist into the wall, before the insulation inside had thinned out enough to kick through.  

Stiles glanced quickly at the two girls, who both nodded slowly, before he forced his foot through.  The wall collapsed in itself instantly, leaving the three the gaze upon the inside.  

It was the body of Reese, the man who was once a human, before the possession of the Nogitsune.  His body was slumped against the wall, his face and body shrouded in yellow, rotting bandages.

"Is this him?" Valerie asked, her voice low.  

"Yeah."

"What happened to him?" 

"He was burned alive," Stiles replied, reaching inside of the opening to hold up two broken pieces of a blackened katana. "It was decades ago."   Their eyes traveled around the small cavern, examining the body and the artifacts left behind with it.  A deep voice sounded just behind them suddenly, causing Stiles to spin around on his heel.

"You recognize it?"  Oliver squinted, wearing a sinister half smile on his face.

"Oliver?" Valerie gasped.

He smiled, his eyes spaced out. "You took Brunski's keys.... I took his stun gun."  Valerie slammed her body against the wall as the stun gun jabbed itself in her side, and the shocks ran up and down her body.  She slumped down against the wall, weakened but not entirely unstable.

"Oliver, what are you doing?" Stiles cried as the stun gun zapped him in the chest.

"They used to do trepenation here," Oliver said, a smile of insanity fabricating itself on his face.

"N-no..."  Valerie gazed around the room, her neck throbbing and stiff.  Malia was no where to be found.  She had escaped on her own, a cowardly gesture.  She always talked about leaving them behind, to protect herself and only herself from danger.  "Stop!"

"I'm going to let the dark spirits out."  One last jab of the stun gun to Stiles and Valerie and they lost consciousness.

-

Stiles' eyes flickered open slowly, taking in the little amount of light that awakened him.  He couldn't see or remember anything, as if he was under amnesia.  His neck lolled down to his wrists, the small band of skin bound by cuffs that were tightly fastened to the arms of a rickety chair.  He struggled against them, panic starting through his bloodstream.   Oliver was looming above Valerie, who was in the same condition, yet she hadn't woken up from her shock.  A power drill was clenched in his fist tightly as he moved it towards her head.

"Oliver-  Oliver, stop!"  He glared at Stiles, ignoring his pleads and cries.  "Oliver, STOP!"  Stiles thrusted his arms up against the restraints, the tough material digging into his skin.  "Stop-"

"Start with her." He arose from the shadows, his feet dragging on the grayscale floor.  He hissed as he stumbled towards Stiles, his eyes invisible, hidden.  His blackened tongue ran across his blood-stained, razor sharp teeth.  

Stiles bit into his cheek, realizing his plan. "You got into his head."

"Every Dracula needs a Renfield..."

"Please... Please, just let her go!"  Stiles was sobbing now.  His eyes were throbbing, his heart pounding so loud in his ears that he could process no other sound.

"Let me in, and I'll let her live."

"Let her go, please!"

"We can get out of here, Stiles.  We could escape this facility."

"Let her go, please, please, let her go!"

"Let me in.  Let me in, Stiles.  Let me in, and I'll let her live."   Stiles shook his head rapidly, his tears burning his skin.

"LET HER GO!"

"Let me in.  Let me in, Stiles.  Let me in...."

Stiles closed his eyes slowly, releasing the last breath of sanity within him.  He let go, and gave in.  

The pain that he felt seemed to suck the happiness out of him- it was like a swirling suction, a deep void that was sucking in his consciousness and replacing with another.  He opened his eyes, but he was no longer himself.  He wasn't Stiles.    

The power drill whirred and twirled to life, meanwhile.  It barely grazed the delicate hairs on his temple when Stiles broke free from capivity and the binds scattered to the floor.

"Oliver."  Oliver turned his head and smiled as he looked into his eyes.  That were filled with power, with evil, satanic evil.  They were oblivion, forgotten, and deserted.  

Stiles approached Oliver and placed his hand on his shoulder, expecting a token of gratitude from his Dracula.  Void gave no mercy in return.  He knocked Oliver into the shelves, which trembled and collapsed over his lifeless body.

The racket was enough to awaken Valerie from her slumber.  She groaned and gazed at him.

"Stiles?"   Stiles smirked with his eyes, surrounded by a dark crescent moon. "Stiles?"  He left her without warning without a sign that he had been taken over.  He disappeared from sight, leaving her in her binds.                                              

Soon enough, however, she had released herself on her own, and after being personally escorted out of the facility by Ms. Morell, she was on her own way.   She had to find Scott and warn the others, before there wasn't time to.