Life as We Knew It

Songs:

Youth - Daughter

Scott's P.O.V.

It felt as if my heart had been ripped out of my chest. My breath hung in midair, as I tried to process what had just happened. Unwelcome tears poured down my cheeks as Allison staggered backwards. The bow in her hands clattered to the ground. I rushed over to her and caught her right before she fell. I crouched onto the ground with Allison in my arms. I heard Lydia scream her name.

"S-Scott..." she whispered as she held her pale hand to her bloody stomach to staunch the wound.

"Allison, no...Please, don't..." I sobbed. I brushed her dark hair out of her face as she managed a weak smile and lifted her shaky hand to touch my face. I held her hand to feel her pain, but there wasn't any.

"Y-you're my first love....Sc-Scott.... I love...I love you." At that very moment, all of the memories of Allison and I flashed through my mind. I remember every date, every kiss. I remember the day I fell in love with her.

"Allison..." I sobbed, my tears spilling down my cheeks and onto the ground.

"It's okay, Scott.....It's okay, I love you... I..." She took one last shaky breath and her hand fell to her side. I'll never know what she was about to say to me. Her glassy green eyes were wide open and empty. I held her close to me as I sobbed. Valerie ran to us and abruptly stopped and placed her hand on my shoulder.

"Allison...." she whispered as she bit her lip to keep from crying, but the tears came whether she wanted them to or not. I don't know how I'm supposed to live my life now. We're supposed to figure out how to live our lives without Allison here! What the hell are we going to do? Valerie and I clinged onto each other, this was all we could think to do as the world crumbled to dust around us. Allison was my whole world. I was hers. The lump in my throat grew, forcing out every tear until there was nothing left. My life as I knew it was over. She was my anchor, my weakness, and now she's gone.