Choas Has Come Again

Valerie's P.O.V.

I stood in front of Stiles, but he couldn't see me. His eyes were focused on the demons that had haunted me and my friends. They marched toward Stiles, hissing. They took out their swords and swung them in the air. They attempted to attack him, but he grabbed one of their wrists and twisted it. He threw the demon against the wall. There was no emotion on his face. The demons were persistent, not stopping until they got what they wanted. They were strong but Stiles, or whoever was controlling him, was stronger. He threw them around, slammed them onto the groud, and kicked them with a powerful force. Then a thought came to me, a thought I had no way of knowing. It was almost as if a small voice was talking in the back of my mind: They are looking for someone possessed by a dark spirit. They have been after Stiles the whole time. They weren't sure who was possessed, and they had to ambush all of us until they found out who it was. And now they found him. Stiles turned to me. He opened his mouth to speak, and a mass of fireflies swarmed out. I heard his voice whisper, "Chaos has come again."

I screamed and gripped the covers. Beads of sweat had formed on my forehead, and I was shaking. I tried to fall back asleep, but all I could think about was my vivid nightmare. My dream was trying to tell me something. I couldn't concentrate on anything. I decided that there was no use sleeping, so I swung my legs over the bed and got dressed.

I crept downstairs and stepped outside, closing the door slowly behind me. I got into my Camaro and sped down the road to Beacon Hills Preserve, exactly where I wanted to go. I pulled over and hopped out of the car. I breathed in the scent of wilderness, which sent a spark of energy throughout my body.

I closed my eyes and focused on becoming a wolf. In no time, I was running at full speed. The speed was exhilirating; I felt alive. I ran over to the stream and stared at the white and gray fur, the long white tail, the bright green eyes. It's pretty easy for me to say that I prefer being a wolf to being human. I lapped up the cold water and trotted over by a tree. I was too busy running that I didn't notice the tripwire I had been caught on.

An arrow shot out of the trees and lodged itself in my side. I howled in pain and slumped to the ground. I cringed and ripped out the arrow with my teeth. There was a cut in my side, but it would heal. I walked around carefully to see where that arrow came from. Upon further investigation, I found that it was a trap. Probably set by Stiles. There could be several more traps in the woods, so I ran back, not wanting to get hit by another arrow. I picked up my clothes and got into my car.

When I returned home, it was about 5:43. I could go back to bed. I thought, but it was late enough.

I ran up to my room and showered. I got dressed in a casual black dress and gray flats. I quickly applied foundation, eyeliner, and mascara and sat on my bed. The sun had risen, and I heard my dad getting up for work. I looked over at my window and saw Stiles sound asleep. He probably wasn't coming to school. He wouldn't want to put anyone in danger, knowing him, he wouldn't want anyone to get hurt because of him.

I sent him a quick text before going downstairs: Stay safe. I love you.

*Hey guys! I hope you liked the chapter! Don't forget to comment and vote! I wanna know what you think!