Impossible

Songs for this chapter:

Don't Wake Me - Robots Don't Sleep

War - Former Vandal

Into The Unknown - Blackchords

Stiles' P.O.V.

I sprinted through the trees as fast as my legs could carry me. I had found the wreck, and I needed to show Scott everything I had found.

"Scott!" I screamed through the darkness, and I felt myself collide with something else.... A tree. The contact knocked the breath out of my chest and sent me to the ground.

"Stiles?" I opened my eyes to see Scott standing over me, trying to hide a laugh. "You okay dude?"

"Mhm, yeah..." I groaned and sat up.

"Did you find anything?"

"Yeah, follow me." I led Scott through the woods, though I wasn't quite sure where I was going. I could barely see anything, but when I tripped over something metal, I was aware that I had found it. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my phone, turning on the flash.

"This is it." I turned to Scott, who crouched over by the car, running his fingers over the large scratches.

"You're right. This couldn't have been an ordinary animal."

I was about ready to tell Scott to see if we could find any bodies in the car, but I was interrupted by my phone buzzing. I shoved my hand in my pocket and pulled it out, smiling once I saw Valerie's name.

*Hey, where are you at?

*Out in the woods with Scott. I'll come over in a few minutes.

I tapped "send" and I then felt a hand on my shoulder.

"Hey there, stranger." I spun around to see Valerie with a big grin on her face, her hands in the pockets of her skinny jeans.

"What the- ? How did you-?" I stuttered. She shrugged and tucked a strand of her hair behind her ear.

"You guys still looking?" she asked.

"Yeah, I think we found our next clue." I stepped aside so she could take in the view of the wreck. Valerie crouched down and examined the deep scratches on the surface of the car.

"This is..." she whispered. Her head suddenly snapped around, and she rose from the ground.

"What's wrong?" Scott asked.

"Stay here." Valerie took off into the trees, leaving Scott and I alone. I heard howling and I froze completely. I heard footsteps and Valerie came back into view, breathless. Her green eyes were wide open.

"Guys...I need to tell you something."

••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

"Wait...She's what?" I couldn't believe what I was hearing, but it did seem logical.

"Malia's a coyote..." I whispered. "Malia's a coyote?!" I was kind of freaking out a little bit.

"Trust me, Stiles. I saw one yesterday, and her eyes glowed. Now that isn't normal." By the look on her face, I could tell she was dead serious.

"Wait, so... She transformed on the full moon, caused a car accident, and tried to eat her mom and sister?"

"Yes!"

"Oh God..." I paced back and forth. "Guys, how are we supposed to...I don't even know..."

"Her dad is after her. He's set traps in every part of the woods. We need to find some way to turn her back, or he'll kill his own daughter."