How to Save a Life

Valerie's P.O.V.

We took no time to stall.  Noshiko gave me directions to the place and said she'd meet us there and disappeared. 

"Do you even know how to get to this place?" Scott asked me from the backseat, clicking his seatbelt into place.

"Think so," I muttered under my breath as I fumbled in my purse for my car keys. I sent Allison a text to follow us in Lydia's car. I started up the car and took a deep breath, rubbing my hands on the leather steering wheel. I was trusting my instincts to lead me to the right place. I was trusting in myself to save Lydia's life.

I knew where I needed to go. I started to make my way down the road, driving slowly to make sure I didn't miss something. I turned down an old alley leading in between a neighborhood of abandoned houses. I made left turn and finally found myself in front of a dark building. The same one I had seen in my vision. I pulled the car up next to it and we rushed out of the car and ran to the gate to see Kira's mother waiting for us with the Oni.

"Go home, Kira,"she said sternly.

"No! I'm not going home. How can you be doing this, Mom?" Kira yelled.

"I'm doing what must be done, Kira." I grabbed Stiles' hand and we ran into the entrance of the building. I slowed down once we entered a dark hallway that seemed endless.

"Lydia?" I screamed into the darkness, my voice echoing off the empty walls of the hallway. I could hear laughter at the other end of the tunnel. The sound of our shoes hitting the floor was the only sound heard. I grabbed Stiles' arm and hid him behind a wall as I heard talking. I slowly poked my head out from the wall. The Nogitsune and Lydia were surrounded by the Oni. The Nogitsune reached into its pocket and pulled out what appeared to be a short black blade. The Oni raised their swords and charged at the Nogitsune. Lydia ran out of their sight and hid behind them.

"Only when they're this close can I do this," the Nogitsune whispered and snapped the object in half. A wisp of black smoke arose from it and the Oni disappeared. And so did the Nogitsune. I ran over to a shaking Lydia and wrapped my arms around her.

"Oh my god, Lydia....Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Yeah. I'm fine now. Thank..you for coming for me," she said as she took shallow, shaky breaths.

"Stiles, let's get out of here! Stiles?" I yelled over to him. He took shaky breaths as he held onto the wall for support.

"I need to stop....I need to..." he said in barely a whisper before sliding to the ground, unconscious.

"Stiles!" I yelled as I held his pale face in my hands. He was out cold.

I motioned for Lydia to help me as I slung one of his arms around my shoulders, Lydia did the same. Stiles' feet dragged against the damp floor and we made our way down the hallway. We reached the end and I set him down behind a wall. I stepped out to face total chaos. The Oni were attacking my friends, who were trying their very best to fight back.

Allison shot an arrow at one of them, and it froze after ripping the arrow out of its chest. Immediately, its chest burst with light, and the demon disappeared in a black wisp of smoke. She killed it. She killed an Oni. Allison's mouth fell open as she realized what had happened. She was so distracted by her accomplishment that she didn't notice the Oni in front her. She barely had time to scream as it thrusted its sword into her stomach.