True Omega

Valerie's P.O.V.

I tossed and turned in my bed, a sheen of sweat covering my forehead. Pale moonlight shined through the curtains and protruded into my dreams.

"Mom..." I whispered in my sleep.

"Mom!" I yelled at the figure standing in a grove of trees. The figure had black hair and green eyes, like me.

"Valerie, go!" she told me. She was in danger.

"I'm not leaving without you! Mom!" I screamed. I attempted to run toward her, but my feet made no effort. I was going in circles. "Mom, please!" What I thought were tears began to pour out of my eyes, I wiped them away with the back of my hand. Streaks of crimson blood coated my hand. The blood that streamed out of my eyes burned my skin. My mother opened her mouth to scream, but a black hand clamped over it and pulled her into the darkness. I screamed her name into the empty void before I heard a voice speak through the shadows that sounded like Derek's: You killed your mother, Valerie. You killed her. Congratulations, you are a true Omega.

I screamed loud enough to rattle the entire house. Tears streamed down my cheeks, but luckily they were real ones this time. I sobbed until Emily and Dad burst through the door.

"Valerie! Calm down!" my dad told me as he held me close in his comforting arms.

"Daddy.....I....I...." I sobbed. I couldn't breathe. My chest heaved up and down as I tried to explain what in the hell was wrong.

"Tell us, Val..." Emily said calmly as she held my freezing hand. I took in the deepest breath a could muster.

I...I had a nightmare...Ab-about Mom..." Emily frowned at the words that came out of my mouth.

"What happened?"

"I don't want to talk about it....It was beyond terrifying." I tell them. Their mouths hang open, expressions of shock on their faces.

"I'm so sorry, Val. Do you want Em to stay in here with you?" I wiped my eyes with my palms and nodded. I scooted over and Emily slipped under the covers with me. I held onto her for comfort and tried not to let my nightmare find its way back into my mind. You killed your mother. I squeezed my eyes shut, but I could see and hear the vivid details of my dream clearer than before: My mother's strangled cries, the empty darkness, the dark blood that slipped out of my eyes. I pryed my eyes open and could hear Emily's quiet, steady breathing. She was asleep. And I was alone. I pulled the covers up to my chin and imagined Stiles here instead of Emily. I tried to imagine his arm around me, the smell of him filling my nostrils. I began to feel calm at once. I forgot about most of my nightmare as I gradually slipped into a dreamless sleep.