Aftermath

Songs for this chapter:

Fix you - Coldplay

My Own - Whitaker

Kids - Mikky Ekko

If You Need It So Badly (Teen Wolf Score) - Dino Meneghin

Valerie's P.O.V.

My life has changed a lot this year. I'm not that shy girl from Boston anymore. I used to be afraid of the world, of the things that it had in store for me. After my mom died, I kind of gave up on myself. I couldn't eat or sleep, I got sick a lot and stayed inside most of the time. My friends wondered where I was. When Dad got that job offer, I thought I would just be going to some boring, small old town. It's kind of funny, actually, how nothing is ever how you assume it will be. Because of the move, I learned things about my past that there's no way I could've found out. This town really is an amazing place. I got a chance to reshape my life. Without Stiles, Lydia, Allison, Scott, Isaac, and the twins, I would be hiding away from the world, afraid to show everyone who I was. Thanks to them, I know exactly who I am now. I am strong. I am no longer afraid of this world. Life was never easy, I've learned that.

I walked into the kitchen as my dad sat reading the paper. There was a thick bandage on his right arm, he had been attacked by the Oni. He was alright, but it he will definently have a large scar.

"Hi, Daddy," I said quietly. He looked up from the paper and wrapped his big arms around me. He still seemed to be in shock.

"I'm so sorry about everything." he said.

"It's not your fault. I'm okay."

"Your mother would be so proud of you," he says and I swallow my tears. "She loves you, Valerie. I do too."

"I love you too, Dad." I gave him a quick smile and headed ustairs to get ready for school. I dressed in a black and white striped dress that hung just above my knees and covered my bare shoulders in a jean jacket. I left my hair down and walked into the bathroom to apply makeup. I put on foundation, applied a bit of eyeliner, and quickly put on my mascara. I looked in the mirror. My eyes were glowing. But they weren't yellow. They were blue. I blinked a few times and my eyes went back to their normal green color. That was weird. I thought. I shook off the weird feeling and slipped my feet into some black flats. Once I was completely ready, I sat on my bed and picked up the photograph of my mother and I. I smiled at it as I remembered her and all of her amazing qualities. She had bright green eyes just like mine. I'm not going to ever forget her. I wonder, is it really cancer that took her?

Stiles' P.O.V.

I ripped each and every lost case from the wall and threw them to the ground. I was going to start fresh now. No more Nogitsune, no more darkness or chaos or pain. I pulled every red string and tossed them into the trash. I stood back and stared at the empty wall, my mind finally free. I wondered if things would ever be the same at all. Of course not, but it didn't mean that we couldn't try. Dad stopped by my room and brought me my basket of laundry.

"What are you doing?" he asked as I tossed the last photo, the photo of Malia, in the trash.

"Just clearing my head." He smiled and gave me a pat on the back before leaving the room.

Scott's P.O.V.

I stared down at the table, drowned in my thoughts. I felt as if I'd lost it all, everything. A world without Allison was a world I couldn't imagine myself being in. I felt tears beginning to force their way out as I felt my mom sit next to me and wrap me in her arms. I felt safe this way, knowing that I have someone to love and protect.

I leaned my head on her arm and, remembering every scar of my past, I just tried to forget.

Valerie's P.O.V.

I walked through the living room and saw Emily sitting on the couch, looking down at the floor. I had a few minutes before I had to be at school so I dropped my bag onto the floor and sat next to her. I spoke not a word, but instead wrapped my arms around my little sister and pulled her close to me. She looked up at me with tears in her eyes.

"Are you alright?" I asked.

"I think so. I miss Mom."

"I know, I miss her too..." Emily leaned her head on my shoulder and I brushed a lock of her light brown hair out of her face.

"We'll be okay, I promise."

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••

I hugged Emily goodbye, grabbed my bag from the floor, and headed out to my car. I shut the door and looked into my backview mirror. My eyes were glowing blue again. What is this? I blinked rapidly and started driving. No distractions today. I was going to start fresh. I pulled into school quickly and walked inside. My shoes clicked on the floor as I made my way to my locker. Stiles leaned against them, waiting for me with a big grin on his face.

"Hey." I said to him.

"Woah, you look....." he stared me up and down.

"I'll take that as a compliment." I joked.

"So, what happens now?" Stiles asked.

"I don't know, I guess we just try to forget." But I don't know that was possible. How can I forget that my boyfriend tried to kill me, that two of my friends are dead? I opened my mouth to say something else, and then I heard Coach Finstock's loud voice echoing through the halls. He was leading a girl through the halls, a girl with dark brown hair and a jean jacket. She turned her head in my direction and shot me a friendly smile and a wave. I waved back and couldn't help but smile. I knew in the future she would make angood addition to our group.

I grabbed my stuff and Stiles walked me over to class. He looked over at me with a smile, which quickly faded.

"What?" I asked.

"Your eyes....Why are they blue?" It was happening again. And it wasn't just in my head. 

"I...I don't know. Why is this happening?"

"I have no idea, Valerie. But I think Derek might know. We can ask him later, alright? Just don't worry."

Stiles' hand moved up and down my back to comfort my nerves, but I felt a deep pit forming in my stomach already. He pulled away quickly as class began, leaving me to drown in fear again. Everything was supposed to be normal again, I didn't understand!

I mean, it was, right?