Losing Control

*Oblivion has reached 1.6k reads! Thank you all so much! Ily!

Valerie's P.O.V.

My body tensed up as I reached for the door of my house, bracing myself for a major scolding.  I would most likely be grounded.  I had been out all night.  My family must've been worried sick.

"Valerie Drew!" my father yelled as I set my shoes down by the door,"Where the hell have you been?  I waited up for you all night, I called you dozens of times.  I was worried sick!" Yep. I saw that one coming.

"I, uh, I sprained my ankle. And I couldn't get home. So I spent the night at a friend's house." I explained, trying my best to lie. He nodded slowlym

"Why didn't you call?" he asked, raising an eyebrow.

"My phone died. I was going to call you, I really was," I lied.

"Okay. But never do that again. Ever." he told me.

"Yes Daddy." I said in my best innocent voice and gave him a hug. I ran up to my room and checked my phone. There was a text from Stiles telling me to meet him at the school right away.

I slipped on a pair of Converse and hopped out of the window, landing smoothly on my feet. I sent a text to my dad saying I was going to the park. I grabbed my keys off the wall in the garage and hopped into my Camaro. Did this have something to do with the reason he was at the school last night? I continued to ask myself that question as I pulled into the parking lot quickly and ran inside. Stiles was standing in the hallway waiting for me.

"Hey." I said as I walked up to him.

"I need to show you something." he said and took my hand. He led me through a hallway and stopped in front of a door.

"The chemistry closet?" I asked. He nodded. He opened it and we walked to the front of the room in front of the chalk board.

"See these numbers?" he asked.

"Yeah. They're atomic numbers," I picked up a piece of chalk and started writing down the symbols: K, I, Ra. I stood back and gasped. "Kira?" I asked, shocked.

"I wrote down those numbers. I hid Barro in here and wrote him a message on the board to kill Kira. I wasn't really conscious while I was doing it. I just found out the other night," he explained, panicked. I erased the message so it was out of sight.

"Stiles, no you didn't.  It couldn't have been you."

"Valerie, it was.  I had the keys to the chemistry closet."

I sat down slowly, trying to fit everything together.  "Maybe you were sleepwalkng?"

"I don't know. Maybe." He fell back onto a chair and buried his face in his hands.  "I'm losing my mind..."

"I'm sure you just sleepwalked. You'll be okay." I leaned into him and pressed my lips to his, a way to tell him not to worry about anything.&