A Visitor

It was then when Sarah got home, which was usual. She hoped her father was to come home soon. The bus just outside drove down the street as she shut the door.

"Dad?" she called out, but she didn't get an answer.

But as the door was being closed, something scurried from the lawn, across the porch and just made it right when the door shut.

Sarah went to her room down the hall and set her backpack down. When she opened her laptop once more, it was left with the browser up.... In the video suggestions, there was a great many of other videos, including creepypastas, videos speaking bad about Disney. Disneyland point of view videos.... She quit it though, since she guessed that she should start on her paper before procrastination would set in. Then she would be able to go spend time with Kate later... Hopefully, he would say yes. She did kinda want out of the house.

Meanwhile, something small had followed her into the house.... He could not speak, he had no power, he was helpless in this world, but he was on a mission. But he felt so weak in this way... How lost he felt. But this was a child. A child, very warm, very worried as well...as he observed before. He finally felt somewhat safe in here, in this house. But he had to be careful still. He had to find out if she was all right with him being here...in this form. He had learned that many people did hate the form he was cursed into. He hoped. Very hard.

Slowly, unknown to Sarah... a tiny critter scurried passed her bedroom door. It was a tiny black mouse.... He scurried quickly and subtly, knowing that there are dangers here alone. He had almost died today in the yard, first off. He had to hide for a little while... He was tired and he was hungry. And his heart was very very heavy....

He made it to a door and smelled it....

"...There has to be a way..." this tiny mouse thought to himself. "...to get back... but how? This girl, she... she would never trust...a... oh.... Gosh...."

As he thought to himself, this tiny creature found a small crack in the wall, just beneath the door. Knowing he was safe for now, he looked down at his long tail, his wet fur and his tired paws. Sighing, he began to clean his paws, in a way that was unusual for a regular field mouse to do. There was a drip of water on the floor and he dipped them before rubbing his paws together before continuing to clean his fur with them. He cleaned his ears, his face, his tail the same way. His hearing was the same, as was his smell...but... in this world and being so incredibly small and vulnerable, with no sorcery to help him, it was truly exhausting. It was good to be able to fit everywhere, but there was also another problem... He was more impulsive in this body.... He followed his feelings too easily, succumbing to sleep and hunger as if instantly. Instincts... He never had instincts like that before, even though he was based off of this sort of creature by his creator's mind... A mouse.

He knew this curse was able to break... but he had to get back to the door. The door back to the Kingdom... He needed help....

"I need to talk to her somehow...." he wondered as he cuddled into a curl in the the corner. "Oh Minnie... Goofy... Pluto... Donald.... I am so sorry...."

With that, the hurting tiny mouse closed his eyes to try and rest for a while.... The worst thing about being in this vulnerable body... was that he couldn't cry.

*
That was before a car pulled up into the driveway. Sarah was able to hear the car door slam outside her window. Though she smiled, she then sighed basically because the bibliography was being very annoying.

She hated MLA format.

"Jackie? You home?" called Johnathan from down the hall.

"Yeah!" she called back before getting up from her computer for a moment.

The uninvited occupant, still curled, listened to the words of the family... They were so close.

"Hey, hun! How was school?"

"It was good.... I think I figured out my thesis. But I keep getting the citations wrong..."

The mouse sat up and stretched, his whiskers wiggling with his nose as he started to smell.

"Well, I can show ya, Jackie. It's not too hard."

"...also, I was wondering... Can I go to Kate's house... today?"

"On a school night?"

"...well..."

"Not tonight, Jackie. I have a lot to do before dinner. The weekend maybe. Mom and I can take you two to Downtown Disney Saturday. How's that?"

Kate was very upset today, so she hoped tonight. But it was Wednesday, so... Maybe her parents would say no too.

His heart fluttered with hope, hearing that.

"...aw..." Jackie sighed.

"And don't you have a paper due next Friday?"

"Yeah..."

"Well, get on it. I'll make Lasagna tonight."

Now was his chance.... They were planning...or... they might go near the park this week! That was all he needed! Maybe if he hid somewhere in the car.... Oh no, no. He had to speak to her.... In this form, the door would be near impossible to open. This may be his only chance....