Just Ignore It!

It would be hard to believe that this one place used to be a place of fun and fancy-free for the young and young at heart from all over the world. There were a few who could entirely disagree on that fact. There was no way of leaving this invisible wall, especially to one young girl who once called her closest friend crazy when she brought a little mouse to school, stashed in a box inside her backpack. Kate was worried and curious all day since her father dropped her off at that fancy mall strip. Of course, Jackie had to be crazy, going off and on about her parents disappearing — Anyone in their right mind would think that.
Right?

Something had to be going on with Jackie if she even thought that a mouse could talk, or had trained it to put its paws on a phone screen. Little did Kate suspect that it felt like a storm was coming. Everything went quiet later that day when she started getting weird texts from Jackie. Living this close to the Park had its perks since she knew a classmate having a sleepover at the Disneyland Hotel for the weekend... Of course, it was a girl who enjoyed including Jackie out. Typical of blonde popular powder puffs. But getting these strange texts saying that Jackie needed help, Kate decided to do some digging. It was usual for her to go walking about the mall after school and asked if she could get a new pin for her collection. That was a lie she told and the last thing she told her father before he kindly dropped her off. Just like how it was with Jackie.

Right when she was dropped off at the Disneyland Hotel for an hour, Kate started her search, starting with that slumber party. It was the one place to check on her own. As far as she knew when she stopped by Jackie's house earlier, no one was there. Which peeked the best friend's interest even more so.... It was when Kate actually walked into the mall when things started to get very strange. It all started like a typical afternoon, built on edge of course, with Kate begging one of the girls to tell her where Jackie was. That only led to being talked to by her mother though. It was overall frustrating though that these no one to care enough that Sarah and her family were missing and Kate was so close to telling the police.... She would have if she was able. That was when the power went out, causing a widespread panic. Kate was told to stay in the room but she had a feeling that something much bigger was on the rise.

*
It all began with good intentions. A careless moment was all it took. Once everyone came in, everyone who stayed at the hotels could not leave. Kate was given permission to stay with this friend and her mother and had given her a stay over bag before she was dropped off earlier that day with 40 dollars to spend for herself. Little did her father know was that something was going to come over the Parks, including the hotels and mall strip. It was as if they were suddenly thrown into a paranormal vortex, or something other. Kate was stuck with Lindsey. A girl who never really enjoyed Jackie's company, nor Kate's for that matter. For the moment, when phone connection for some reason wouldn't work, the girls took refuge inside the hotel room. Lindsey's mom left and for some reason, the hotel door wouldn't open. The girls were scared and unsure if any of this was real. They couldn't call the police because even they had no idea of what to do either... Above everything else, the sky all around the property looked unnatural like something out of a horror movie. There were constant yells and arguments overheard from next door and from the floors above them.

Out of fear, neither of the girls wanted the curtains to be opened and they stayed curled between inside the bathroom in the tub with the sliding door shut and locked.... Lindsey was a 13 year old 'a mean girl' to say the very best of it and Kate hardly liked her. She had bright blonde hair and green eyes, and she wore striped pajamas since the night ended in fun. Lindsey seemed to always give Jackie trouble, never inviting her to fun things like Disneyland unless something was done for her. She was not so much a friend but she was a usual face the two saw every day.