The Lady in Blue

Gammy fled like a coward to get away from Pete's rage. He was able to hear him from afar still as he took shelter under a thick tree root to catch a breather. He waved his cap over his face and shook from the cold.

"Gotta find a new line o' work! Can't believe I got stuck with that idiot..." he grumbled roughly to himself, looking out to see if he was being followed. "Crazy, crazy, crazy —"

The freed captives were not too far, to say the least. The thief was in no good mood either. Gammy slapped his cap back onto his head and took a peek over the root after hearing the sound of the running of two deer. He was kicked over and he landed on his stomach.

"There you are," Robin growled.

"No! Not again!" Gammy cried before he had his tail stepped on.

"We're not saying it again," Geno spoke. "... you agreed."

"I never asked for this!" the weasel cried.

"We need to find the rest of our friends." Robin brought up as if ignoring the flailing weasel.

*

Sarah was still in shock at the fact that they actually did it. They escaped. Tuckered, Sarah leaned against the rock as the others tried to catch their breaths. Holding a given bag full of the Imaginary's tears, Sarah too felt compelled to shed her own. Her friends noticed.

"Aw, kid... We did it. We're free!"

"I know... I know..." she spoke in a shaken voice.

She calmed down at least. She wasn't the only one.

"Oh! What are we gonna do?" asked a frightened Bing Bong. "It's... it's so dark out here!"

The two fawns with them kept trying to hide under his tail. Joy offered her light over them, in hopes that it would calm them.

"At ease." she lightly spoke.

To their ears, she sounded tired as well.

"Joy..." Bing Bong chimed with surprise.

Her voice was so warm and full of comfort, Even so that their worry was slowly diminishing.

"All three of you displayed so much courage. We are free from the dark toon's grasp. Remain with me. It will be all right."

"Joy... You can speak..." a mesmerized Sarah said.

"I always could. I dared not to during our imprisonment."

"... because Pete was looking for you."

"Could not have done it without help."

Bing Bong had his eyes as if permanently locked on her, not fully realizing that she was thanking him. Sarah smiled up at him, knowingly. He met her eyes, as well as Woody's, fiddling. He grew timid again.

"She — she's the first fr-friend I've ever made..." he spoke, softly.

"You did wonderfully, partner." Woody softly said.

"You are such a loyal friend. Look what you have achieved. Just as I promised you." Joy kindly encouraged.

Bing Bong smiled up at her, unable to keep another piece of candy from falling. Now that they were finally free, now they can really begin to unravel this mystery. Out of everything Sarah had learned so far from that prison tent, from Robin's own words (if they were true at all), even from their captors, there was the heavy mystery of the reason for all of this. If she didn't know any better, it was Maleficent's doing.