As Normal As Can Be~

She knew Kate wouldn't believe her. She must have seemed so dumb to her! Discouraged somewhat, she placed Mickey back in the box and sat back down on the bench.

"Look, it's not that I think you're nuts or anything, but what are you trying to pull?"

"Nothing! Look what he wrote to you." Sarah showed her her phone again. "How can I train him to do that? I can't even teach a dog to bring back a stupid stick... My parents never came home last night and they never called. Then the computer woke up again."

Kate sat down again, seeing how worked up her friend was getting. It seemed that she was scared.

"It opened to a video and in the comments, words started to type out... by themselves. I'm not lying!"

"Okay, I'll take your word for it..." Kate laughed nervously.

"...sorry." Sarah grew nervous too. "I'm... I don't know what else to do."

She had the thought of referring to the police. It was the most logical thing to do. She chose fully to remain quiet, just to wait for that chance. Soon came the loud honk of a car just beyond the school gate. Her train of thought faded away and she looked up, seeing a disgruntled Kate pick up her bag.

"Thanks, by the way." Sarah said as she slowly began to place the box back into her backpack.

"Come on." her friend said.

She gave Sarah a smile and joked. "Dad's waiting, Jackie."

Only her parents called her that. It was her family nickname. When other's said it at school, she hated it.

"Please, don't." Sarah laughed.

"I knew it!"

"Stop."

Mickey was able to hear as they were heading to the car picking them up. Jackie, huh?

As a friend to her, Kate made it seem like Sarah (or Jackie as her Dad liked to call her) was going to meet her Mom there after work in the mall district for dinner. The mouse in the bag was never mentioned. Sarah didn't say much other than the usual hello and thank you to her friend's father. She was more worried of the strangest that was going on. Mickey, on the other hand, was keeping himself very low and very focused, to keep his mind still and from wandering again. It was so soon now. All he needed to do was speak out instead of hiding. He was tempted sorely to always hide. The ride though was a little rough for his liking. Everything was so vast for him here and there was so much he needed to do...before Maleficent can bring even more damage. This was the one day and it was passing on to early evening now. Midnight was coming, he had to keep reminding himself of that!

"Is anything wrong, Jackie...?" asked Kate's father, David.

"Oh! uh... No, everything's fine." she said with a sort of nervous smile.

Kate's worried look didn't help that much. Yes, it was a fib entirely.

"I'm just meeting my mom there. Yeah! She and I are going to have dinner there too."

"That sounds fun!" the kind man smiled.

"Yeah!" Sarah agreed, keeping her eyes on that bag.

Fibbing was the least of her problems, compared to what was really going on. She was overrun with frantic thoughts of perhaps it was wise to have the police come. The drive was unpleasant already for her and she knew he wasn't having such a good time either. She took a deep breath to calm herself down, to not seem so obvious. She felt her stomach jump when the street formed low beneath a bridge and both she and Kate were able to spy the marvelous trademark of the Lego store. Entirely made out of the Legos there stood a giant, black and purple dragon taken straight out of the Disney classic. It seemed to climb up atop the round building as a spew of green flames (which made up of Lego too) seemed to be shooting out from its open jaws. It was quite an eye catch for both of them, but the moment was broken when the car made a gradual turn. Soon enough, passing an avenue and a boulevard or two, they came into one of the resort's vast parking lots. As usual on a day like this, even a weekday, there were no spots close to the District. Gadly, Sarah was just going to be dropped off.