Names and News

That very night after that short lived heart to heart, the Gang were soon given a very extravagant guest room. It was something Sarah had never experienced before other than exploring more of this huge castle. Having gotten word that Mickey had told everything to Master Yen Sid, it was now known that they were to expect a private visit this evening to discuss rather crucial things. Now that they have gotten through into the safety of the Border, the hourglass had begun to fill, as it were.

Sarah Jackson was stricken with anxiety even now. Even though her friends were in a safe place. She had only hoped that they would not suspect her of anything. She was honestly thinking of leaving. She thought it could be the best route because they wouldn't be in any more danger. She knew though that Woody would be absolutely against this decision and Bing Bong, out of the goodness of his heart, would not let her go alone. The both of them were loyal to a fault, that much she knew. First thing she had to do was wait for the Wizard to come. There was no way of sneaking off with him around, especially. Also Mickey wouldn't be so flexible with this decision either. As long as she kept quiet about it, it wouldn't be so bad, would it? If no one ever got hurt again, she would be dearly happy.

Of course, all of this was making her stomach upset and so she found herself seldom wanting to sit down, which captured Woody's attention. Even after such a fleeting evening, her attitude was too strange to ignore. So later that very night, he chose to keep it to himself for a while, until the fawns would go to sleep after all those hours of play. Woody's journey was left unsaid this far, just as Sarah's was just the same to him, and Bing Bong. For certain, Lady Blue knew, perhaps even Robin and Quasi had an inkling.

No doubt, Sarah almost jumped out of her skin when there was a gentle knock on the guest room door. But then, she had just remembered that Quasimodo was guarding the door during that last couple of hours. She drew in a breath when she saw him before he passed her a silver plate. He rose a brow at her.

"Seems to me that you've seen a ghost."

"No, I'm fine... Just still a little jittery from before."

Quasimodo certainly knew something was up and so did Woody. "I can see that. But I can't help but believe that it's something else."

Sarah heard that simple plop from Woody hopping down from the window sill. "I was thinking the same thing, partner." he brought his honesty out, directly, not caring that he caught the girl off guard.

She began to bite her bottom lip, especially when she saw Bing Bong look up in her peripheral. Sensing that his friend's voices were starting to sound strange to him, his purple eyebrows furrowed at them.

"Jackie? What's the matter?" his voice came in during all the suspicion.

Quasimodo gently came inside with them and softly shut the door. The nervous child began to open up.

"Gosh, everyone's hounding on me..." she sighed as she plopped down into one of the chairs.

"Maybe it's because you're not saying anything." Woody told her, with an urging smile. "It's a little worrying."

Bing Bong exchanged glances at her and then to Woody, not understanding the sudden tension here.

"We care about you..." he reassured her, concern leaking into his voice. "Ya know, whenever I felt scared, Joy would listen to me."

"Buddy here has a point." Woody agreed. "...and perhaps, so do I. My friends and I, we all lost Bonnie. And you, you lost your parents. Mickey sure knows it."

There went her idea. Shot down, right away. "Yeah, you're right." her voice nearly broke. "I'm just so terrified. Like what else could she have out there, waiting to catch us? I-I don't want to see you guys hurt again." she told them, looking lastly at Bing Bong. "I just don't know what to do. This whole thing seems so impossible."