The King's Keep

Even with more hope on the rise, there was still a shred of wrath taking over the space above the endless clouds. Someone's work was not done, to say the least. Knowing that more innocents were saved, one of the last being brought through the protected barrier he so built. A brilliant Wizard did all that he could to keep Maleficent's eyes away from his home as much as possible. With one final thrust from his own twisted wand, a tall figure standing at the end of a high ledge, a brilliant shot of bright white and sapphire lit up the dank sky which then struck something unseen, like a barrier. When it seemed to crack and moan in weakness, this wand wielder was then attacked back. A robed elder roughly blocked this attack forcing it to ricochet off of his own invisible barrier. Nonetheless, he was weakening and proceeded to kneel in order to catch his breath, for at least a moment. He knew his current adversary would not falter and kept his arm held high to the heavens above. A series of falling stars began to speckle the brightening sky, being thrown toward the mountains ahead. The wicked Fairy waiting for him at the other end swung a graceful hand around her crown, swaying the enchanted cosmic shower to strike the rocks and cliffs around her. She swung one back but it was batted aside, catching a dry forest to catch on fire.

Yen Sid, the tiring Wizard, stood tall once again now that he had regained some strength. As much as he didn't like a fight, he would do so for the safety of others and those he deemed innocent. The moment when he was smacked down again, he began to have a vision of his missing Apprentice being held in the arms of a frantic child. Beside them were a group of creatures and familiar faces. One of which was a newcomer along with the child, in the form of a sweet created elephant looking on with worry. They were within the Border of the Magic Kingdom, which was still protected by one of his most powerful charms. Holding that precious piece of knowledge, he threw another spell before it all went to a sudden stop.

Thunder grumbled through the tormented skies as the two magical beings stared off at one another. She flew on a cloud of dark magic and appeared before the determined Wizard. As it turned out, they were both tired, but she wasn't backing down just yet. Even though rose her staff above him, he showed no restraint of moving out of the way. Instead, he bravely stayed still, facing her head on.

"You are so intent, my lady. You are certainly worthy of an opponent."

"I also knew that you were such a strong magician yourself, Master Yen Sid." she smirked in return. "Indeed worthy to match my strength. Although, you won't be for long."

Yen Sid warmly chuckled under his breath, but she kept going.

"There will be a day when all this foolery will end and they will be mine. Just like her family. You cannot hold against me for long and your charms will not be strong enough to hold me back, and you know well, Yen Sid. That door into the imagination will be at my disposal."

"You know as well as I do that only the pure can enter it."

The conversation was ended there when she shot a beam of magic at the Wizard. He had no choice but to dodge, summoning a star out of the sky and riding on it, swiftly. Lush green flames flew up into the form of a cyclone, set on to chase him.

*It had been a long way already, especially to her. From cheating the Disney park staff to get in and hiding like a convict, Sarah was now somewhere she never thought was even possible. Or even conceived, for that matter. Now, as far as she was concerned, they were on the way to, what was known as, the Magic Kingdom which obviously was a far cry from what the name meant to her. They were in it, already, so who knew how tremendous it actually was. As Quasimodo put it, it was a whole kingdom (Vast and mighty, as most were). If the answers she was seeking were here all along, perhaps this amazing, yet terrifying journey wasn't as random as it seemed at the beginning. Soon, she felt Bing Bong loosen his grip finally after he spent an hour into the flight just trying to get used to it. Among them now was a fully aware mouse who was recently broken free, just like them. Being the only one with the courage to cast his eyes down upon the land below, Mickey was personally relieved to see for himself that his home was still safe and sure. As far back as he could remember, Maleficent had so many helpers. Even with the magic he was taught before, it was never enough to hold her back. The guilt tortured Mouse eased down, wrapping the blanket he was given more around him. One worry that was on his mind were three witches, or enchantresses that made a deal with the Dark Fairy. As to what the deal could be, he could barely think on it. That was the major news he had gotten before he went on, boldly, by himself to face her.