I Can't Believe It!

Sarah blinked down at the toy, having not seen it there before when she entered.

"I swear... this wasn't here before...." she said to herself.

Mickey chose to poke his head out again. Sarah picked up the authentic doll noticing something different. Slowly, she picked up the doll. Mickey started squeaking as she did while the knitted hat fell off the doll's head. She was confused but was goosed when the elevator door opened to a family wanting to come in. Too nervous already, she picked up the hat and decided to just get out onto the highest floor of the hotel. The high ceiling the decorative chandeliers were dead ahead as she tried to escape into the wide hall. So far, this area had to be the quietest. Everyone was down below, it seemed. Sarah cautiously looked over the railing just prior to sitting weakly in one of the sofas.

Unknown to her though, something was slinking along the ceiling and lighting fixtures near them. This was an unwanted visitor to the doll that was starting to get wedged into the cushion. Sarah felt a pinch on her palm and she gasped when the Woody doll suddenly began to move. Very fast, in fact!

"Sssh! Ssh!" Woody began to encourage her to stay calm.

"Ah!! You— You're — !!"

"Don't! Don't!" Woody rose his arms, fervently with his brown eyes full of panic as well. "Don't... scream..." he slowly mouthed silently.

Sarah was standing up and almost dropped her backpack with the mouse still inside it. Prone to hyperventilating, she saw one of the cleaning ladies walking by. She only got an odd look but the woman kept on with her job. Sarah looked back down at the talking doll. She started to laugh, feeling like she was going crazy again. This was worse than the computer.

"Another one!"

"Yeah! I know, you've never seen a talking doll before but you gotta listen to me —"

"Listen to you? I'm going crazy here! I —" she had to keep from venting out of frustration. She could not endanger Mickey, if this was the real Woody or not.

Woody looked a little saddened yet he was relieved. He shifted his eyes around though, hearing that familiar rush of air nearby.

"We gotta talk... but we can't talk here." he started to reason.

"How — " she almost yelled, but she stopped and started to whisper. "How do I know I can trust you...?"

Woody seemed to cringe at that question even when it was truthfully logical.

"...that's a good question." he pointed out, grinning uneasily.

He wasn't asking for all of this either. No one did...but time was short. That dark shadow was getting close and he saw it.

"Listen to me... we gotta go now." he said urgently.

She looked to where he was looking and she knew, for certain, that was not there before. Of course, she wasn't sure about this, especially now that Mickey was flipping out again. Woody was too frustrated for this and got hold of her pant leg and pulled.

"Aw geez, come on!" he had to yell.

Being on the highest floor, there was currently no one else witnessing this girl speak to a toy while trying to tame a mouse. Which was lucky for them.

"Where are we going!?" Woody overheard.

"Keep it down! It can hear!" he tensely whispered back in midrun. "Follow my lead!"

This was wonderful for a first meeting, but introductions had to come last in this fondly situation. He too was chased by this thing before and he did learn well to the point that spotting it was easy.