I Want To Go Home

Why did she put her faith in such blasphemous fools when there was even more work to be done. It did not matter though. Maleficent had two faithful and powerful men at her side. It would seem that her vermin enemy had returned to his true form and had arranged a gathering at the heart of the beloved theme park, which most of it was laid in shambles from her touch. She was a stark woman, as tall as the sky it would seem. As dark as the deepest abyss with stabbing green eyes, she stepped forward with a dimly lit ornate staff, towering over the head of one of her servants. Matter-of-factly, she only spoke to them calmly... Them being a few stubborn toons. A few rats who had served as her spies were about to give some unpleasant news.

"Had she been snagged the moment she entered, ma'am, the Imaginary would have been yours."

"Merlin had Mickey by his side~ she got help the moment she ran in!"

"That is insignificant to me if she had assistance. I only want that ingrate in the sway of my staff. The moment it is exposed soon enough, it will be mine." she spoke with divine confidence. "No longer will I need the assistance of cowardice. Of course, I may have lost one servant, but it brings me peace to know that you have come during this time of strife, Jafar..."

Maleficent turned and focused her eyes on the one truly powerful man who gleefully and gracefully smiled before bowing to the Mistress. "Of course, my liege... With our powers combined, they will be cornered like rats. In soon time, this pathetic land will bow to you alone."

Maleficent's beautiful red lips curved into a sort of a sneer. "Why Jafar. There is no need for flattery. Someone who once had your stature did just the same to me before betraying me." she ended that sentence with a sharp hiss. Yet she sweetly caressed the Vizier's cheek and twirled his beard. "It is well known that if I acquire the magic of an Imaginary, I will become powerful enough to break through into that world. I will make it mine. Make those insufferable men and women to suffer. Hearts there are so embittered and callous, Selfish, that they will be easy to sway and control. With you by my side, they will see no mercy and they will abide only to us. I will teach them that they cannot control us of what they view us to be. Am I the Mistress of all Evil? And so it shall be. How dare they view me as a victim in one of those idiotic films of theirs, to appeal to the young and young at heart. That lie. I will show them who I really am. I will break Walter's precious creation and make them pay. Then and only then, will they respect me? If not, I will force them to respect and fear me."

"And that is a promise, Mistress..." Jafar turned to face her, his expression kind of apologetic. "They insulted you."

"They have humiliated me... Walt was the first, having me fall to the stab wound of a mere sword. I will not allow that to happen again."

Jafar could certainly share his sympathies with his close ally, has been in many battles together through the years, each helping the other without qualms. Although, there were a few stepping stones to cross, however. Recently, a valuable member had just been shunned and the reunion of this sort was something of a mess. Her anger was fully justified. Humiliated to all the world and have no way possible to stop it. Until now... Yet, even this old Arabian had his own priorities sorted. She had assisted in freeing him from the heart of a blasted lamp and it is custom to return the favor. As everything would be said and done with this forward plan to penetrate through to the real world, he would get his ambitions met, no matter the cost that would be. Maleficent's humiliation was the same as his, in a way, only on a much grander scale. Countless souls have seen and heard of the happenings already, so they had to move quickly. Unlike one other, he was the right person for the job.

*
Within the shelter of the castle, for the moment, Sarah was able to reunite with old friends. Along with the new. That was something Sarah wasn't so sure of... since her trust had been damaged once or twice on this wild journey. It felt safe and it all looked safe yet she was still on her toes. There was no way she was going to be convinced to let her guard down at any given moment. After being bombarded by who was the Mad Hatter, she found some solace under the castle arches although the imagery and mosaics above depicting an epic battle between a prince and a great dragon... Seeing it right there made her want to be sick.

What was being planned at this very moment? What was going to be next move to capture her friend...?

Such horrifying questions. Sarah had to force herself to stop thinking them, knowing Dreamer could hear her very well. It all began to show in that imaginary world. Dreamer had to step away from the basin, seeming to grasp onto that same horror his bond was dealing with. They were reunited with old friends at least but it remained the same that their enemy was prowling around out there. So that conversation went between the band, with Sarah in privacy within the walls of the castle.

"We're getting ready for something big, guys," Woody whispered. "Maleficent's really moving fast and time isn't on our side anymore."

The girl was determined. "The hatter said something weird.... Can an imaginary stop time? What did he mean?"

"He might be on to something. Yes, he's mad but ain't no dumbbell."

"... because I know we have to show him to them... soon, but Yen Sid stated that he couldn't come in here..."

"Not yet." Woody pointed out. "Those are the keywords. Not Yet."

"No. No, I don't want that. He's where he deserves to be. Why can't we just leave him alone?" Sarah began to get really upset.

It was that bond. It was a dear and powerful thing. Overhearing the conversation, with Happy by his side, another dwarf listened. Out of fright, the girl had run away from the gathering, in the beginning, feeling intimidated by everything and everyone... Especially from him. Grumpy.

"Sarah, we're all in this together." Gurri tried to encourage the girl. "Grumpy is our general. He's on our side..."

"Oh right, just because he's a hero? Where I come from, people aren't like that. I'll never get my family back... and if she ever gets him, I don't know what I'll do..."

"You women, always emotional creatures..." came Grumpy's voice, slightly annoyed for a start.

There was a cricket perched on his shoulder, who looked deeply worried as well. Before Sarah ran away at the request that she had to show them the imaginary, there was an insult thrown out, leaving everyone gathered deeply shocked.

"Child, none of this was supposed to happen. It hurts us all that you had to get involved... You and your dear friend. We all want this to end on a light note. All of us..."

"I'm okay with you. Sir." Sarah pointed out to Jiminy. "But not you." she then glared back at the grim dwarf. Jiminy sighed, being a little miffed at Grumpy at that unnecessary order prior.

"I went about it the wrong way, lass. Right there, you won o'er me." Grumpy stated, rueful. "Perhaps I misunderstood ye..."

"I want him to be safe. I want my family back. I am sick of all this!" the girl made her views be known, almost breaking down in tears.

Another sweet face came to be known after overhearing the dastardly conversation and hearing the child break down. The Hunchback himself had finally made it after yet another run-in with someone. Indeed, he was exhausted, not expecting a child crash into him. "QUASI!"

"H-hey... hey, hey..." he began to hush. "Easy now... What happened...?" he muttered in great surprise.

"I want to go home..." Sarah wept, openly.

He knew the willfulness of a dwarf had done this but dared not to spark an argument. Not now. "N-now, Jackie... Would you please listen...?"

"I don't want to lose anyone. I love you all so much... And she's so powerful, everything's destroyed~" she continued to vent until she saw devastation glistening in Quasi's eyes. "...quasi, what happened...?"

"I thought..." Quasimodo sputtered. "... it was impossible, but... I-I found somebody outside... attacked by the hyenas. His legs are ruined."

"Who??" the group all spoke in unison.

"My father's horse."

Everyone except Sarah seemed to understand, sharing the same shock Quasimodo had. Sarah was confused until she followed them all to the very place where the Sword in the Stone sat. Before it was a great, great black horse, lying down as if lifeless. The context of this was strange, but she knew that she saw this horse before... Once she saw it lying there, she stopped right in her tracks.