The Lamp

If she had to pick a day she hated the most then it had to be today. At the Happiest Place on Earth no less. Guests of this place were leaving to a degree, dissatisfied with their visits. She had no intention of leaving.

Woody had an idea and he only had one chance to do it. He took his hat off, rallied his thoughts just be very specific. One mess up could ruin the whole thing.

"'kay, Jackie... just go inside the fire station, be behind the truck. I'll do the rest." he instructed.

Anxious, she just did as he requested and pretended that she was going to have a look inside. The Wizard he made the deal with to be a part of this plan... he bestowed one spell just in case of an emergency. He placed it on his knitted hat.

"What are you gonna do?"

"A little trick the Wiz taught me. Just hold tight." he told her.

He seemed to reach into his hat like how a magician would and he found this kind of funny, really.

"'kay, now I know you're just showing off..." he chuckled to himself until he grabbed something.

It looked like a dark blue marble, seemingly made out of pure glass. He looked deeply surprised as he saw himself reflected in it. Was this it? It couldn't be, could it? Wow, thanks.... Now what? All he got was that it was a spell, not physical but effective. How was this going to be done exactly? He knew how worried Sarah was so he had to take a moment.

"What's taking so long?" she frightfully asked.

"Just a sec!"

Just then, he got an idea after his moment of confusion.

"Okay, shut your eyes!"

"What?"

"Like I said, trust me, kid." he tensed before he threw it down.

Mickey startled. Right before a cloud of pure blue, sparkling cloud of dust and it surrounded them. To her, it looked animated, hand drawn just like how the films are cartoons were so it only confused her. It scared her. Naturally, she jumped up onto her two feet only there was no floor beneath her. Her stomach lifted as if she was falling down fast before she landed hard on carpet all of a sudden.

"Agh!" she gasped, feeling a rush of dizziness. "What was that!?"

Woody was on the floor beside her oddly enough. He turned over from his back and fixed himself.

"Just a little trick..." he sheepishly smiled at her.

"Yeah, it sure was..." she turned a little snarky. "... thought that shadow got us."

"Pff, we're lucky."

Sarah got a chance to see where that spell took them. They were in a room that seemed like it was a glimpse into the past. There was the sight of red curtain, velveteen crimson carpets... and Victorian chairs and tables. There were quaint paintings of spring flowers on the walls. They were beside a wood table between two crimson sofas. A gramophone sat safely upon a banister. Sarah looked around confused before she spotted a particular lamp upon a lone round table.

"...is... is this it? We're..." she trailed off, looking around. "Oh my gosh.... Woody..."

"Didn't think I could do it, huh?"

"This has to be the scariest... weirdest day of my life."

"Mine too, even if that sounds weird."

Much to their surprise, the bewildered mouse ventured out of the backpack and he nosed around as if he knew the place. When she would be too scared for him to be out, it looked to her that he knew. Once again, she began to feel sad.