Cotton Candy Sweetie

Meanwhile, outside of the enchanted tent, Sarah's stomped over and ripped backpack was vulnerable to the erratic winds brewing up as night was fully darkening the skies even further. Through the open zipper, Mickey finally remembered what was going on, or what had been going on and wanted to see what was outside. His small nose poked out, smelling cold woodland air. The mouse squeezed through the open zipper and into the grass. He was in one of the forests, but this one was not a good place to be. He saw the skies, radiated with gray and unnatural purple. The mouse curled and began to scurry in search of his friends, knowing how vulnerable he was in this shape. When he began to hear the deep beating sounds approaching, he began to scurry faster. The deep sounds were coming closer and closer until this mighty hoof stepped down before the small creature. Mickey shook for a second, but then he boldly squeaked up at whoever this was, friend or foe. This great hoof, covered in thick, silky black fur, belonged to a tremendously black stallion. A mane as thick as storm clouds rained down like a willow tree would and his great snout huffed out a cloud of warm breath. Mounted upon this dark steed was surely a man, but he wore a hood so hanging and dark that he had no face. Mickey saw this as another opportunity to run, but this rider moved off his horse and merely picked up the frantic rodent, as if in the blink of an eye.
*
No one here liked where this was going, especially her. Gurri looked terrified. Looking to Geno, he gazed back at her with a softer look in his eyes.

"You say it won't be as bad, but..."

"It's hard to believe anything that you say, Weasel." Woody sharpened.

His first impression on these poor souls wasn't a very good one, but he didn't seem to care. After all, he wasn't the only weasel staff member here. The spell over the pink elephant was going to wear off in only a few minutes. So, he gave the girl a thick iron cage key.

"When he wakes up, open it." Gammy said, basically ignoring what the doll had said.

Sarah felt a spark of fury in her and looked down at the key, but then to the elephant. She and Woody shared sad looks before he was rushed towards the captured Geno. Gurri had no choice but to practice a certain prance for the waiting audience with her fellow fawns. Gammy went on to tell Pete that they were getting ready. That big old jerk who threw them in here, she was able to see his shadow through the tarp and he appeared to be very glad about something. That made her bite her lip again. She looked to the poor elephant and then to the wide lock. She moved the key in her hands to try not to make too much noise. Screw it, I'm opening it now. she thought loudly and proceeded to shove the key into the lock with a sign of anger. The noise made the creature stir and slowly, he barely opened his eyes. By the time, the bars opened, Sarah climbed in and that other fawn stared at her.

"It's okay. I'm a friend." Sarah tried to ease him with a smile.

"Oh!" came a moan directly from that poor colorful creature. He started to rub his eyes with his gloved hands. "Oh... I hate that so much...." he grouchily and sadly exclaimed as if he was bothered.

Sarah blinked when she saw him finally move and then speak. He was certainly a person, was he? He was an elephant, but it looked like he was made out of candy too. She saw him open his eyes and they peered right at her. Green and bright, with a sign of fear, they widened. He slowly stood, a little unsteadily, onto his stubby yet vibrant orange and yellow legs. He was entirely vibrant like a bright flashlight compared to this gloomy old place. Sarah shook her head and gave a gentle wave at him.

"H-hi."

He nervously swallowed, since he didn't know who she was. He had never seen her before, but something about her seemed very familiar. Slowly, he reached his soft looking trunk out and picked up a tiny hat before placing it on his head. Observing them quietly and hidden was that orb of blue that surprised the two before.

She felt so relieved that he was awake again, yet fortunately the others...especially from deer Gurri were very accepting and gentle with the Imaginary because he was so innocent. He unknowingly was a piece of that special magic that kept this world alive and pure. Also his memory was very ruined for a reason. She saw that the brave girl was trying to calm him, befriend him, she'd hoped.

Sarah put the key in her jean pocket and kept a distance so not to startle the poor things. This felt very awkward, but she had to try.

"So, um.... My name is Jackie. I'm a bit new here. Um... Gammy told me to... pair up with you? Um..."

He seemed to look off in confusion or thought. But it seemed that he was looking for something, yet he looked back at her.

"Your name is Bing Bong. Right?" Sarah asked.

"...yeah." Bing Bong finally spoke. "Everybody calls me that." he said, fiddling with his hands and holding them together.

"It's... nice to meet you." Sarah smiled, hoping this try would lighten the mood a little. She was very curious of him too because she remembered seeing a picture of him back home. She took a couple steps closer.

Slowly, he walked around the hay he slept on and she was able to see him better.

"It's okay." she encouraged. "How did you get here, Bing Bong?"

"Aw... I dunno. I..." he nervously started and he kept looking out to the where Pete once was. "...I kinda woke up in the dark and... but, but ..."

When he tried to speak, he trailed off and it looked like he was hurting and he rubbed his eye again. To Sarah's surprise, a piece of candy suddenly appeared and fell into the hay. Hearing him whimper, she knew she made a mistake of asking that.

"Hey, hey... it's okay! I'm sorry... I didn't mean to make you upset."

"No, no! It's just... I can't tell ya. I just can't..."

"You don't have to...."

Well this was a wonderful first impression. Why did she ask that? Obviously, it was too personal.

Oh my friend. Courage. that tender light worried for him. The girl was trustworthy. He will become more open soon though. She was sure of it.

He looked back at Sarah, after recovering from that sleep spell. It made him feel wrong and a little sick.

"I'm here to help you, I think... because the show is going to start. Whatever that is."

"Aw, we gotta get the um... the ball."

"Ball?"

"Yeah. It's down there." he pointed to a corner, passed Geno's cage, speaking in a brighter tone. It was a big pink one, ironically.

"Whoa..." Sarah's mouth fell. "What are we going to do with that?"

"I climb on it." he answered, managing a kind smile for the first time. "Kids like it."

"Kids?"

"Yeah, a few come in sometimes. I like to make them laugh. Gammy is usually with me, but he doesn't like me very much...."

"I like you." she said, quite honestly. "You seem very nice. Who cares about those weasels? I don't like them."

He looked at her, as if in surprise.

"Th-they are not very nice, most of the time... but Gurri and Jumper. They are very nice to me."

"Oh, that's good. Gurri seems very sweet."

"She is!" he said, with his voice warming up the more they talked.

That was when they were disturbed at the sounds of Geno being dragged out of his cage and a rough tapping on the bars.

"Quality time is over, kids!" Gammy told them. Bing Bong had to cover his ears.

Bing Bong looked timid again but he stayed by Sarah's side. She had to cover her ears too for a second. Jumper, the shy fawn went and hid in the hay.

"Okay, okay! Geez..." she grumbled before looking to her new friend. "Come on..."

He followed after her, out of the cage when she softly tugged his sleeve.