The Knight's Tale

Sarah had never heard Dreamer sound like that before... Not once during their journey. Even though she was hidden, she found that they were close like never before. She was able to hear every word, feeling the pure despair and courage her dearest friend was going through. She had to put a hand over her mouth as if to keep it from falling to the floor. The Toys were rendered silent as well, not entirely sure at first about what was really happening.

"Jackie, don't be holding back on us—" Woody told her, hoping that the news wasn't terrible.

"He did it... They— I don't know how but they did it..." Sarah spoke to them while that necklace began to feel extraordinarily warm.

"What do you mean, kid?" Potato Head murmured.

"Jafar's been... beaten— Oh my God, where is Quasimodo?"

Before they even had a chance, the horrible realization that there was a certain pack scratching and banging on the door on the other side of them.

"You have nowhere to hide!" Shenzi's voice bellowed as scratches began to sound. "Thought you'd be safe in there? Where are your friends!?"

The Toys kept the girl from screaming and beckoned her to come with them. Those beasts kept taunting them. "YOU HAVE NO FRIENDS! Not anymore!"

The banging got louder and even worse. Traumatized and even more hopeless, Sarah backed into a corner holding that flower in her hand. She felt all alone deep inside... Her family was gone, her friends were being attacked and she couldn't do anything. When she thought they were all alone, there was someone else in this room with her. They shuffled close, clearly wearing hard armor as each Toy was swept into a lone bag much to their dismay. They happened to the frozen girl in the dark with a faint whisper coming from inside their helmet. This was no cast member... This was the Knight Quasimodo knew... And she knew who it was.

"Please! Let them go! I'll do anything!" the girl begged, although she was cornered.

"I am afraid I cannot." was the baritone voice that sent a chill down her spine and made her blood run cold. Especially when he seemed to stare down at her necklace. "... this for your safety, child."

Although deeply frightened by this strange man's sudden appearance, Sarah remembered Quasimodo's words, concerning that once injured stallion that their Imaginaries had the honor of healing just in time. "... It can't be you."

"Now rise." the Knight encouraged with exhaustion. "Let us not give into hopelessness. Do you not trust the words of those who protected you? Has my son proven that to you?"

"S-son...?"

Even though the lot of them were suddenly contained inside a sack of sorts, the Toys were able to listen in to every word that was spoken by the two.

"Her arrival is nigh, so you must come with me. If we acquire that staff, this suffering will end."

"H-how do we do that!? To do that, we have to trick her out of it..."

"Perhaps you don't trust in your own Imaginary?" he finished as the banging on the door started to sound more like shattering than knocking.

Sarah blinked at first, knowing that good news was flowing through as of this moment. Just then Dreamer's own whisper was heard once again in her head, which was a comfort beyond words...

"Who is this guy? I don't like him..."

"Now you talk?" she whispered back, much to the Knight's surprise.

"My attempts to bring you this far will not be in vain,"

"Getting that staff? And shattering it, you think it'll be that simple?" Woody pressed, not all right with being shoved into a bag for starters. "This started with those we care about just disappeared... What are you thinking? How can we trust you, of all people?"