The Jovial One

Witnessing the rescue front and center, someone watched the girl closely as she bolted through the doors of the restaurant. Something outside went flying and it shot through the window near her. As that happened, someone had suddenly pushed her out of the way of the object and the rain of glass. The push left her uncoordinated and she smacked her head against a table leg.

Everything went fuzzy for a moment. Time went slowly before she heard a voice call at her... It wasn't Dreamer's.

"Oh! My lady! I am so hopeless! Are you all right?? Speak to me, dear..."

Sara moaned, not recognizing the voice for a moment. Yet, there were two supportive animated hands gently placed over her shoulders and she was lifted to sit up a little more. The corner of her forehead hurt.

"That's a first..." she groaned before seeing who was there with her. "What the heck was that?"

"Oh, you're awake! For a moment, you had me worried..."

This new voice spoke fast, light, almost sounding cheery. Too cheery at the fact that she was awake. She turned to see that it was yet another character. Her blue eyes went wide, trying to suppress a scream. But she only slapped her hands over her mouth and scooted back from him. He stood up too at her surprise and looked rather nervous like her. He was a dwarf. One of the seven ones in the first animated feature ever made from Disney... Who would not know of that familiar cap, bright face and pudgy shoes and that fluffy white beard. He was the cheery, stout one of the Seven. Happy. He stepped up a little more, clearing his throat before offering a hand.

"I mean no harm, no harm at all, ma'am. Golly, I'm just as jittery as you are!"

"Forgive me, then... I mean, I've been everywhere, chased by shadows and witches and things. I should not be surprised anymore... You pushed me... You saved me...f-from that—"

They both looked at something completely stuck in the cashier counter. It looked like some kind of medieval weapon, covered in spikes. This new 'person', as she would rather call these characters, went back to her side, helping her to hide under the table, in the most polite way he could manage.

"I know we've met too quickly, but this is not a safe place to be, ma'am...."

"Thanks for the push, by the way..." she panted, all panicked. "I know, a bad time... But I'm Sarah."

"Call me Happy! I'm trying m'best to keep my head up. All of our heads~"

Another crash made the two duck. He naturally tried to cover her for a moment.

"I think I was supposed to meet you. I-I-I need to get to Fantasyland. Right now... I was told to go straight there!"

"That's where everyone's meeting! We're so close yet so far! But I can take you there... Grumpy actually sent me out here for one of ya, but I wasn't sure who... Take my hand!"

Things were starting to get loud and they had to hide for a moment but she took the brave dwarf's hand. "Wait! Have you seen a talking cowboy doll, a-anywhere?" she found herself asking the dwarf. "I'm sure you've seen crazy stuff too~"

To be absolutely sure, she gripped the precious necklace that was her direct link to Dreamer that was previously always on his person in the form of a paper flower. The dwarf thought that as a hint that he bumped into the right lass and that she wasn't just one of those trapped inside with them.

"You'd be quite glad to know that we do have a certain doll among our ranks, along with others like him. Goes by the name Woody?"

Sarah felt a full wave of pure relief through her entire body. "Yes... Oh, thank goodness~ I-I thought we'd never see him again..."