Little Runaway

She didn't know why it had to be this way, nor did she know if she wasn't dreaming at this point. It was all too weird and all too upsetting. Scared, even now, Sarah began to bite her knuckle again.

"I still... can't believe this is ... happening..." he overheard her say.

He turned to her again, completely alert.

"...if you are... who you say you are... th-then..."

Again, he was working on the keyboard.

I wouldn't believe me either. You saved me. Please, let me help you. A dark magic is trying to follow me.

At the words being typed out, the girl only seemed to grow more pale.

"...what d-do you mean?" she asked.

Dark magic was following him? This had to be a dream... it had to be! There were so many questions she wanted to ask. Why did they need to go to the park exactly at midnight the next day? Is he who he said he is? He is no ordinary mouse...and he needed to be safe? Both of them? Why? Was something coming?

"Mickey..." she tried to speak but the words were stuck in her throat.

The outside of her window was dark, her closet was dark...basically, the entire house was dark. It was passed midnight, around ten minutes after and still, there was no sign of her parents. By what the computer said, they had a whole day still until that midnight. The mouse she called Mickey turned to her again before working again.

You know my name. Thank you.

Don't worry, I know where we need to go.

She guessed that was a good thing, that he knew what he was doing. She hoped he knew, but the Park was a more then fifteen miles away. Her mother always took the freeway, making it ten minutes away. The fact that she wanted to take Kate there to help her feel better, she began to wonder.... Then she only planned for an afternoon at Downtown Disney, not at the Park. Yet the District was a part of it, right? Her own room was full of Disney themed toys and she loved to collect plushes. A few crooked posters hung that depicted the movie of Aladdin and another was old and ruined that depicted one of the Disney Channel's stars, Hannah Montana. Not that she liked the singer all that much, but she still loved her songs. A few princess plushes littered her room, along with other characters. One plush, she got in a kid's meal, of a hunchbacked character that was that of a soft puppet that fell behind near her dresser. After she was lost for a minute in thought, she looked back to the little mouse.

"...do we n-need to be... in the park?" she asked, her feet getting restless.

Not exactly. was the response. There are other ways. One of them is in the hotel. There is a key.

"Okay... a key..." she said and tried to remain calm. "Do you know where my family is?"

I can't say. But I have a funny feeling.