The Letter

It took some pushing and some running, but poor Sarah was able to find her way into an empty table area. For some reason, no one was going down here into this little corner. It seemed they had the corner for themselves. Sarah look around, cautiously before humbly sitting down in a table in the corner. It being a little creepy, she freed Woody onto the sofa and made it look like she was fiddling with her phone, which had 10% battery left by the way.

"I know I keep saying this, but I'm sorry for before... wigging out like that. I'm still trying to figure all this out."

"I know why you did..." he lowly replied, seeming down himself but thoughtful. "You were very brave. Didn't expect you to trust me either."

She didn't really feel all that brave. No. Yet she smiled.

"...I'm Sarah, by the way... but Dad and everyone else like to call me Jackie."

The cowboy smirked.

"A bit late...but very nice to meet you." Woody smiled. "And sorry about the whole... 'Whoa, doll is alive!' thing, in turn giving you a heart attack. I'm not all that good with first impressions apparently."

She laughed a bit, feeling the mood lighten a little.

"A-and thanks... for the help. I was scared for you back there."

"Nah. It could've gone much better."

"I still can't believe that it's really you either! How is all this... possible...? Real?"

He chuckled uneasily. He opened his arms wide though.

"See to believe, huh?"

"It's really you, Woody! The media would go crazy about this— "

"Ah-ah, well, we don't really want that. If they all knew, the faith and charm in this place will die. If that happens, I'd bet chaos would reign. Pretty much that's... that's what we're up against."

"Up against what?"

"The Wizard probably can explain better than me. I'm just playing a small role here, compared to what's happening behind the scenes."

Sarah surely did not grasp her full situation just yet, just worrying over vermin and now a live character, loved by many around the world. Spotting a popcorn box with Inside Out patterns all over it, Sarah spoke again.

"Please tell me..."

"I can't, Jackie... It's... it's a little too crowded to talk about this right now."

"But no one's here."

"Little hard to trust that because of that shadow..."

She looked up and around, worried too. She rushed her hair up a little, thinking. It was getting later and things were getting clearer bit by bit. Woody stood up to be more level and tapped her knee.

"Okay, listen... What we're gonna do however to get to Master Yen Sid. That's our solid goal right now. We'll get to the bottom of all this. Now, you need to trust me and I know how hard that is for you."

Mickey stared out from the bag at Woody as he was explaining.

"He will know what steps we need to take to get him back to where he needs to be."

"And we have to get to that door... in the apartment."

"Correct, girl."

"I guess I can trust you.... I mean, I got nothing else to lose..."

"Neither do I... Now. You ready?"

"Now or never."

He had to guide her through still even though she knew exactly where they needed to go by midnight. Cameras were on and security was high and the usually carefree park was nothing but stress and fear. Woody and Mickey were once again stowed in her bag and she was the feet for the journey to the Fire Station. Passing time was painful, but there was one last parade on the way to Main Street from It's a Small World. The upbeat music boomed throughout the roads and guests found their sitting spots to see. Despite the hidden secrets, the place was teaming with energy now that singing filled the air.