Birds of a Feather...

Quasimodo was in a rather sour mood as soon as the order went out for Mickey, Sarah and her new 'advantage' had left on their journey after the staff. He paced out in the darkened corridor as though he was ready to naturally tear his hair out, he was so frustrated. Robin, who happened to be wiser than most, came out of the room nearby, neatly putting his cap back on after dusting it.

The two locked eyes for a moment just before Robin sighed, knowingly. "Tenor... " he softly addressed the man, which served as some other form of address between the two.

"I know that trust hasn't been your strong point. Especially during these past few years... But you're not gonna let it get in the way, are ye?"

Quasi clenched his eyes shut, resting an arm on the wall before turning to look at his friend.

"Magic was never a friend of mine, Robin. I'm... I'm sorry." Quasimodo turned back to him before taking his cloak from the chair and draping it over his thick shoulders. "It's only that... since the night I left Paris, I-I never felt right. It never felt right to let another evil take more young lives. I just feel so responsible..."

"No. Now, now there, old boy," Robin managed a supportive smile. "Ya shan't lose heart. As they are far ahead of us right behind them, they have the strongest and swiftest longbowmen in Europe! With no way of stoppin', they've met the right Parisian for the job."

Quasimodo tightly smiled at his friend. "Those words are ones I truly want to take to heart. I really do." he lightly spoke as he took his cloak in hand and draped it over his great shoulders. "The only ones I want safe now is young Jackson and this new kind of enchantment, that oddly has its own mind and soul, no doubt. And when I thought I had seen everything..."

Robin looped his bow over his shoulder, hanging it on his back. The two began to walk together for a moment in silence. "You've changed much since our meeting in Fontainebleau."

"I wasn't at my best during those nights, but waking to your songs was definitely the high point, my friend."

Robin was proud of the newest member of his Merry Men, he walked off with him by his side towards one other mirror that was set right around the corner. Right when they vanished through it, the wooden portal warped back into a seemingly plain wooden frame...

*
Through a vastness and void within these mirrors, there was absolutely nothing. Not until one little spark were to happen, begging to be set free. Of course, Sarah knew that this was no ordinary little songbird in her hands. From the candy lace that seemed to want to stick, she now felt the soft delicate feathers in her palm as he shook his small head and looked around, lastly up at their faces in pure alarm.

He was suddenly so tiny and his friends were so big! It completely made him feel scared at first. It sure came as a shock to find that the insane creature had vanished away only to leave this small animal in his place. Its feathers, no doubt, held a familiar pink hue. Sarah was amazed as she stroked her friend along his newly given wings.

"How did you do this...? Look at you!"

He had to inspect what he thought were his arms. Instead of having his thick brown gloves and the sleeves of his jacket, he saw that actually had bird's wings. They were able to read his expression that he was deeply shocked about this himself. "I'm- I'm—" he began to stutter while his eyes began to tear up. "A-aw my gosh, am I really!? Look! Look! I have wings! Look!"

At their friend's ecstasy, Sarah had to see if he had the courage to actually fly and began to lift her hand up to encourage him even more. Mickey came right in with glee as he took wing for the very first time. Very rusty to say the very least. No doubt, being so lightweight, Dreamer got right to it, taking flight without really knowing how he flailed about until he grabbed onto one of the branches.

"Oh!!" he gasped, leaving his friends remarkably amazed.

"Dreamer!" Sarah cried.

"You've got wings! You don't need to be scared!" Mickey called up to him.

"You're telling me to not be scared!?" the Imaginary called out. "I have— I-I can fly!"

"Take it one step at a time, kid!" the Weasel called up.

"This is... I-I mean, you could have done this the whole time!?" Sarah called up, mind blown.

"I didn't!? I—uh~ aw! This is so awkward..." Dreamer gulped as he tried to stand on the thin limb in his new body. "I never knew I could... Okay, just— Wow, I'm high... Not panicking, not gonna panic..."

"Fly down to my hand!" Sarah called, becoming slightly fearful.

"N-no no, wait!" he suddenly piped up with a sudden burst of confidence.
"I can do this! I remember this feeling, I do!"

It was even to his own surprise that he was so light compared to before that he barely had to try to keep himself in the air, excepting a few flappings of his new wings. Goodness, did he truly deserve this? He was something else entirely, relishing a feeling that words could never describe... Taking into the air once again, his form appeared to be merely a bright little pink dot, he was going so high.

"That's the spirit! Fill every feather!" Merlin cheered on.