Part 32 : Intelligence Exam

My groupmates were Luke, Mica, Jenny, Kristine, Vian, James.

We were inside the library, we were discussing about our plan and gameplay. Ako napili nilang leader ng grupo namin. I hesitated at first but they assured me that everything would be all right. They gave me a big responsibility but I didn't want to disappoint them. I should stay strong for them.

Alam ko na andyan ang suporta at pagmamahal nila para sa akin.

Pagdating namin sa gymnasium, I could see some of the students looking at us. 

Masasabi ko na there we're some very powerful groups. 

Huh! I snickered. May potential din ang group namin, having three Elite groupmates and James could help us win. 

Dumapo ang mga mata ko kay Sarah, she was glaring at me, she was surprised to see my groupmembers but she wickedly smiled and went to Storm. 

Storm saw me, we stared at each other for a while. He got this unreadable expression on his face. I was the first one to look away.

Seeing those two together made me sick.

"Hey, are you okay?" Luke came to my side and he placed his hand on my forehead. "You don't look so good" he said worriedly.

I shook my head.  

"Ayos lang ako, Don't worry"

"You're lying, hindi ka okay. Accept the fact that you're not okay at gawin mo itong kalakasan mo" 

I sighed deeply. Tama siya. Get a grip Claire! Umayos kang babae ka!

"Whatever you are thinking, just stop it. I don't want to see you that way. I know that something's bothering you, is it him?" 

He was referring to Storm.

I stared at him. He swiftly held my hand touched my chin "I would always be here for you, I could see that you're affected because of him. Just don't waste your time on him, okay?"

He took my hand and kissed it before he left.

Napaawang aking bibig. What was that all about?

All the noises inside the gymnasium stopped as soon as Headmaster came to view. "Hello, my dear Clantanian Students! Today is the day, where you need to show me your true potentials. I'm glad to say that the Elites have decided to join the Leveling Exams. But before we begin, always remember your heart will always lead you to the right track! May the odds be in your favor!"

Nagkaroon ng masigabong palakpakan kasabay ng pagkaputok ng baril na hudyat ng pagsisimula ng patimpalak.

----------

After few minutes.

Each group were given some kind of a puzzle- It was a riddle. .

The King is silent

People fear me for I swallow light,

Diamonds are at my sight,

My companion has many faces

He could be new,full and quarter.

What am I?

Look for me, and there you'll see..

"Night in the answer" luke swiftly answered.

"Bakit night?" untag ni Kristine.

"I get it! I swallow light so it means darkness" pag-iinterpret ko sa sagot ni Luke.

"So why not darkness" pagtatanong ni Vian.

"Diamonds are at sight – these are the stars, the companion is the moon, darkness doesn't have stars and moon. More likely night ang tinutukoy niya" pagpapaliwanag ni James.

"He's right. Ang moon ay may quater and full moon" pag-aagree ko sa hinuha nila.

"Ang galing but, what now?!" untag ni Jenny.

"We must find it, it could be an object or place." I said to them then we all started to think.

"Or it could be both - Night, Moon and Start. Wait! I got it, is there a place in the school where there's a symbol of a moon and star in it?" Mica said and she started to smile knowingly.

We were thinking the same thing. "The Library!" we all said in unison.

The library has both the symbol - Star and Moon.

"So what are we all waiting for let's go there!" James was very skeptical about it.

Before we could run, Luke stopped us. "Hold my hand"

We all held hand and before we knew it, we're already inside the library.

Mabilis ang aming mga kilos, we started to look everywhere. We're looking for clues that could help us find whatever we were looking for.

"Guys, what now?" Vian said worriedly.

"We need to find something that is related to night!" I screamed.

"This chair has the sun symbol?" James took our attention with his sudden question.

"It can't be, because sun, doesn't fit with darkness, starts and moon" I contradicted him.

"Guys! I think I found it-Night- this Knight armour!" Mica was clapping as if she found a pot of gold.

"Knight! The King is silent- the K in King is highlighted and the K in Knight is a silent letter. K plus night makes Knight." she explained cleverly.

"Wow, you're so smart Mica." we all agreed that this is the object, that we were looking for.

"But, what are we gonna do with this, this is way too big?" Kristine asked doubtedly.

"I think there's more to it" makahulugang usisa ni Luke.

I thought silently then, it hit me.

"Turn off the light!" I quickly commanded them.

King is silent

People fear for I swallow light,

Diamonds are at sight,

But my companion has many faces

He could be new,

full and quarter.

What am I?

Once the light was turned off, we were all in awe. Something was glowing in the chest area of the armour, may maliit na lalagyan sa gitnang bahagi ng armour. Sa loob nito ay isang susi na may hugis na Buwan at Bituin.

"Nagawa natin!!!" we were rejoicing when we suddenly thought about the time.

"We only got 5 mins left, we should go back." James warned us with a loud voice.

We hurriedly took the key and ran off. 

We're just in time, we're able to present the object and headmaster was happy.

"Congratulations! Glad you were able to make it just in time" the headmaster told us.

"Too bad, a lot weren't able to make it. Iba ay kinapos sa oras at yung iba hindi nakuha ang sagot"

"Listen! We got three groups who passed the Intelligence Exam, Let's move on to the Ability exam. For this time, only the first two groups who will pass this Ability Exam will go up for the next level of exam." The headmaster announced.

I found out that Sarah's team also passed the Exam, It would be easy for them because Storm was with them. 

He was as smart as an owl.

I sneered at Sarah's group! Good Luck sa inyo dahil ang group namin ang mananalo!