Chapter Five: Side Effects

About Three Months Earlier. . .

"Avery!" Glory gasped in fright. "What the H - E double twelfth letter of the alphabet are you doing here again! If you get caught - "

"I'm not gonna get caught - "

"Your father will have your head." Glory scolded. "Especially if you smell like that!"

"That's why I'm here. So he won't have my head."

He picked up the pillow from her couch and plopped down. "If Sirus asks I'll tell him I spent the night here."

"Ave. . ." She trailed off, sitting up straighter in her bed. Clutching the warm blanket to her chest. "We're getting married -mated in less than three months."

Avery didn't use many expressions, but when he did, Glory could read him like a book. She let the blanket fall to her lap, revealing a shirt with a quote very inappropriate for this certain situation.

"I'm not jealous, Avery. I'm just - I care about you, in a friend zone kind of way, and I'm just concerned. If you come showing up here, every night, at two in the morning, smelling like a female, that you clearly, genuinely care about. Is not good. For the both of us, and her. I'm already marrying you when I don't care about you in that way. Now I have to marry you when you're in love with someone else? And her? What's going to happen to her when we get married. She'll get her heart broken. You're smarter than this Avery. And I'm going to feel guilty for the rest of my miserable life."

He stood up and with one quick movement he sat down in front of her. He took her hands in his and looked Glory dead in the eye. "I'm going to figure this out. You're going to find someone who you love. And who you're going to spend the rest of your life with."

"Avery - thanks - but it's really hard to take you seriously when you're being inspirational and have zero emotion on your face."

He stood up and rolled his eyes at her. He sat down on the couch again and threw the pillow at and she started to giggle.

"Last time I'm wishing you a happily ever after. Goodnight Glory."

"I love you Ave."

There was silence of a couple moments as Avery tried to get some sleep on the love seat. His neck was already cramping up.

"Why do you never say 'I love you' back'?" The two were pretty close, she's told him those three words a couple times now.

"Because I try to lie as little as possible," he mumbled, already starting to drift off.

Glory took the pillow he threw at her before and threw it right back at him. "You're such buttocks."

🐾🐾

Glory's eyes fluttered open. The ceiling, made out of wood, seemingly stared back at her, and it annoyed her.

A lot.

She turned her head, not remembering that she was previously paralyzed. That memory only came back to her after she stood up, off of the hard thing, whatever it was, she was laying on.

Strangely, she couldn't remember anything else. She groaned and lifted her hand to her forehead.

"Side effect number two, well three technically. First is unconsciousness, second is paralyzed, and third you can say is temperate memory loss." A familiar voice spoke out of nowhere. Pretty soon she came marching in, taking a bite of the red licorice she had in her hand. She leaned against the door frame and and took another bite. "People like to stare at me, so I'm going to give you five seconds to do that." Surely, the female waited five seconds before telling Glory her five seconds were "over".

Glory squinted her eyes, very confused. The mismatched eyed female was moving fast, to fast for Glory to process.

"Any questions about that?"

Glory was hella confused. "Huh, what?"

Her saviour put the last of her licorice in her mouth, Glory was to tired to question where it came from. She walked towards Glory,  "You might wanna lay down again. You're gonna rip those stitches. "

Glory shook her head, messaged her temples and groaned. "I think I'm having a brain aneurysm."

"Yeah. . . I have no idea what that means. But. . . I do know that if you keep standing there looking at me like I'm a crazy person. You're going to pass out. So sit down."

Glory was, fortunately, able to process those last three words, so she sat down on the hard surface she was previously sleeping on. Her eyes narrowed and she just sat there, staring at the stranger that most likely saved her life.

Truthful, what she said about the staring part. Glory could have stared at her all day. She was beautiful - in a different kind of way.

She just sat there for the next few hours.

You could probably guess that was side effect number four. Conscious, but not conscious of anything happening.

When her mind finally did go conscious, she was on full alert.

Which did no justice because she was even more confused.

Halllo. Just wanted you to know my Internet been down for quite A while now. . But the updates here so yay. I know its short but ... whatever.

Edit: I've been trying to go over and correct some mistakes. If you see any or sentences that don't make sense please point them out. I don't like reading over my works bc I feel to much cringe.