Chapter 4

It was Raksha Bandhan. Like every other sister she has also kept a fast for her brothers. When she got up in the morning she saw a hustle bustle going on in the house. Why not . Raksha Bandhan is no less than a dream day for Raizadas. Every year they wait for this day when Anjali would be tying Rakhi on her four brothers and they can gift anything they want to. This is only day when Shyam wouldn't say anything when Anjali is gifted with expensive gifts. Otherwise, usually he wouldn't approve of such gifts and would insist on buying them with his in money.

By the time the auspicious time came nearer the morning hustle bustle died down. Everyone got ready and was seated in the living room waiting for the clock to strike 10 which was the time suggested by Panditji.

Khushi got ready in beautiful pink Saree and came down. Sitting beside Arnav in the living room, she also waited for the needles of the clock to move in between looking at the entrance for the arrival of that person for whom she had kept fast. Jules has already called in the morning asking about the plan. She said that she would soon meet him in Pari's Paradise after that person comes.

Clock stroke 10, all the Raizadas jumped up to finish the rituals. Anjali first tied Rakhi on Arnav, followed by NK, Akash and Dhruv. After the ritual it was time for gifts. Arnav gifted her an expensive diamond set. NK a set of kundan worked heavy neck piece. Akash adored her hands with platinum and white gold bangles. Druv had gifted her an expensive heavy designer sari.

At the end of the gift giving section, Shyam had dropped jaw and round eyes. He opened his mouth to say something, which everyone immediately understood and looked away. Seeing nobody listening to him he closed his mouth and looked away.

Looking once again at the entrance she sighed. Feeling disappointed she was about to move upstairs, when all of a sudden a man in late twenties came running in. Huffing puffing as if he had run a marathon he stood in front of her. Seeing him in front of her she was pleasantly surprised with him. She had already decided that he was not going to come a few minutes back.

Catching his breath , he pulled her into a tight hug. Breaking the hug few minutes later, he said, "Sorry Strawberry, I am late. Actually I was busy for a few days. So it totally slipped out of my mind that it is Rakhi today. Morning only I realized. Then I had to ran up to the shop for buying a gift so got late. " Giving a cute puppy dog face, he kept his hands on his ears. " See I am keeping my hands on my ears. Please sorry, sorry, a thousand sorry ".

Chuckling at his cute face, she pulled his hands away from his ears. She replied him with a sweet smile " its okay Butterscotch "

Strawberry and Butterscotch. That is what they call each other. Nicknames that they had kept for each other in childhood. She is his strawberry and he is her Butterscotch. Her brother. Her maternal uncle's son. Rahul.

She came out of her thoughts when pulled her onto to the sofa. Sitting beside her, he immediately opened Skype. Soon her other brother Tarun, sister Anaya and brother in-law Manas came into view.

After greeting them, she tied her and Anaya Di's Rakhi on his wrist while Tarun bhayya tied her and Anaya Di's Rakhi on his wrist. After that Rahul gave his and Tarun's gift to her which he had already sent like she had sent his Rakhi. Manas gave her gifts to Anaya.

Opening the gifts she saw. Tarun had gifted her a diamond wristband while Rahul gifted her a gold chain with a 'K' pendent. She was happy she was never into expensive gifts she just wanted their love. Getting up she went to get sweets to feed him.

Coming back she saw that he had already left. NK who also happens to be his best buddy, informed her that he had some urgent work. Nodding her head, giving a dry smile to him she went upstairs. While climbing the stairs she could still hear Anjali's laughter while talking with her brothers.

Entering her room she sighed. Tears brimmed at the back of her eyes. She missed her sister today. Her Kavya tai. Her second mother. She still remember how Rakhi would be in her childhood days.

She, Kavya Tai and Anaya di would sit together and make Rakhi. Morning they would finish the ritual and would go out. All five of them will have a gala time the whole day. Her brothers and sisters are all very older than her. So there parents never had objection for them going out alone. Even Rahul who is the youngest of them is 7 years elder to her.

Rahul and she used to be always in a team. Playing pranks on others, cracking jokes, having masti, they always used to be partners in crime. But everything changed after Kavya Tai's marriage. They started drifting apart. The usual gala they used to have was lost. When Anaya di and Tarun bhayya shifted to Singapore. Their ties started breaking.

When she left to boarding for studies, they become people who met only in festivals and other functions. After Kavya Di's death their ties were so broken that they met only on this auspicious day Rakhi which was yet again only to fulfill the ritual as it is a responsibility. The brother-sister relationship they cherished was lost. Their group of five who knew each other so well became strangers. She lost her butterscotch who was the most close to her after her Tai. She lost her supporting protective big brother. She lost her strong pillar who was her all time partner.

Hearing her phone ringing, she came out of her past. Seeing Jules' name flash she hit her head on her blunder. Answering the call, she quickly apologized and assured him that she would be there soon. She immediately left for washroom. Washing her tear stained face, she quickly got ready. Coming downstairs she came to know that everyone has gone out. Taking her car she left to Pari's paradise.

**************

Reaching there, she saw Jules pacing up and down in the living room, Neha sitting on the couch and Ponies playing with their soft toys in the carpet. Seeing her coming in, Jules immediately reached her. Pulling her into a bear hug, cupping her face, he asked," are you alright ". Concern was evident in his voice.

Smiling, she nodded her head. Breaking the hug she went to the mandir in the house. Preparing a taali, she came back. Completing the rituals, first her, then Neha tied Rakhi to him.

Taking the sweets which Beejibaa has prepared, he fed both of them and gave them their gifts as he know that both of them had kept fast for him. Getting their gifts they both squealed and moved to the sofa while he stood gaping at them. Getting annoyed he asked," hey girls, who is going to feed me? Even I have kept fast for you guys."

Knowing very well that he also had kept fast for them and he couldn't stay hungry for long, they both burst out laughing on his cute annoyed puppy dog face. Coming back to him, both of pulled his cheeks and started stuffing his mouth with sweets.

Looking at their mother and maasi having fun annoying their superman, Ponies also started laughing at his cute sweet stuffed face. Hearing their tinkling laughter, the three adults looked at each other. While Khushi and Neha laughter more, Julian ran behind them. Catching hold all the three, he brought them to the sofa. Laying them down he started tickling them.

Sounds of laughter and giggles echoed the walls of Paradise. From the entrance of kitchen, Beejibaa wiped a happy tear that rolled down her cheeks. She blessed them and prayed to god to keep those six souls always happy because she know they deserve happiness more than anyone in this world. Will god hear her prayers? Will their happiness survive? Only time has answer.

Before anybody ask me about Sheetal and Shreya. Then let me tell you, Sheetal is at her home celebrating Rakhi with her good for nothing brother (Raizadas think so) and Shreya is not interested in Rakhi simply because she doesn't have a brother. She doesn't consider Rahul and Tarun as her brothers. For her Aastha and Agnihotri family only matters that also for her own benefits. She is not interested in the extended family. So they are also not bothered about her.