Chapter 14

The sight in front of her made her numb. Her heart stopped. She felt blood drained out of her body. She couldn't move. She felt somebody had stabbed on her heart with a thousand needles. The pain was unbearable. She couldn't breathe.

There in front of her was an altar and a marriage was going on in it. Arnav was taking phere with Sheetal. All the family members were present there even her mother (Aastha).

She felt betrayed. She felt somebody had slaughtered her body. Blood had turned cold in her body. She couldn't feel anything. All her world came crashing down. She felt like falling from a mountain. Indeed she fell from her mountain of dreams.

For a brief moment her eyes met with the man she loves, the man she gave her everything, the man whose children she bore and gave birth. There was many emotions in his eyes. She looked away unable to see the intensity in it while he stood frozen. She didn't wanted to read his eyes today. She felt betrayed. None of his emotions could replace that pain.

Seeing him standing still, everybody's attention turned to her. She didn't wanted to see anybody. She knew that if she stood there for a minute more she would broke down in front of them. She didn't wanted that. They don't deserve to see her pain. She won't give them that satisfaction to see her in pain. So she ran away from there.

Taking her car, she zoomed out of the premises of Shantivan. Arnav wanted to go behind her but his family held him back and asked him to finish the rituals. Helpless he obeyed them.

***************

Khushi drove her car as fast as she could through the roads of Mumbai. Reaching her desired place, she got out of the car. Standing at the edge of the cliff she cried her heard out. She screamed, she cried, she questioned the almighty. Finally she fell down on the ground broken.

She didn't knew for how long she laid on that ground like a broken doll. Rain poured on her from the sky as if the nature itself is shedding tears on her pain. She cried and cried till no tears was left in her body.

Few hours later, she was hugged by Jules and Neha on either sides. She don't even remember when she called them and told everything. She didn't know what to do. She laid on the ground like a shattered soul till they came.

***************

Neha and Julian brought Khushi to Paradise. She was numb for the whole time. Didn't utter a single word. Didn't cry. She was looking lost. They tried to talk to her, console her, make her say something. But she wasn't responding to any of their attempts.

Finally not being able to see her lifeless form, they tried to evoke any emotion from her. They scolded her, they screamed at her, they slapped her, but nothing was making any effect on her.

Seeing their mother's expressionless face, Ponies also came to her. Sitting on her lap, they hugged her. When she didn't hugged them back even after minutes, they started crying. Hearing her babies' crying voice, Khushi came out of her trance. She hugged them tight and cried hard. Few minutes later, when she realized that her kids are also crying with her, she wiped her tears. Taking her babies in her lap, she made them sleep and asked Beejibaa to take them to kids' room.

Reaching her room, she broke down once again for that day. She cried out loud. Hearing her voice, Neha and Jules started going to her room but Beejibaa stopped them asking them to leave alone for sometime so that she could collect herself.

Back in the room, Khushi looked around. It was her bedroom in Paradise. The room was designed by her keeping in mind all the likes and dislikes of both her and Arnav. The room had photos of all the amazing moments she had spend with Arnav. She took the small photo of her wedding which was kept on the bedside table. Throwing it on the floor she broke it. Taking the photo out of the frame she tore it into pieces and threw it on the floor.

Falling on the floor she cried out loud. Why? Why did they do this to her? What was her fault? Why did they betrayed her? Arnav. Why did he do it to her. Didn't she gave her everything to him. Didn't she loved him to bits. Then why did he broke her trust? Why did he broke all the promises he had made to her? Was their relationship so weak that he broke it so easily?

And her mother. How could she do this to her? How could she let this injustice happen to her? Didn't she fought for women who was betrayed in the same way. (Aastha is a social worker). Then how could she let it happen to her own daughter. Why didn't she stopped them? Why didn't she fought for her own daughter's happiness, her rights? How can she side with those people who destroyed her own daughter's life. Even after sacrificing almost her everything for her mother's happiness, her mother betrayed her. That pain was the most unbearable pain for her. Her own mother's betrayal.

Khushi cried and cried that night. She cried till there was no tear left. Neha and Jules let her cry her pain out. But can crying actually lessen her pain.

This is the story of the girl Khushi who was robbed of the love she deserves. She is snatched of love at every step of her life. Still she kept on going, she kept on dreaming of getting love until she lost her everything. She lost her love, her husband and her family. She was betrayed by everyone she loved, cared and gave her everything. She was broken to an extend that she lost trust in the word love. She was shattered so much that she lost faith in every relation of her life.
Will she ever get the love she deserves? Will those people who broke be able to mend her. Will her trust in love and relations return. OR she will be lost in the hands of pain and heartbreak.

I know many of you will be sad with twist but this twist was there in my mind from the starting itself. This is the major twist in the story. A broken girl who was betrayed by her own loved ones. Don't worry I won't drag this sad part much. I also don't like sad parts. So I will try to get over it soon.

Please trust me this twist was necessary. And before you ask let me say this story has a long redemption track to go. But for that you have to wait for few more chapters. This is a short update. Next will be a Mahaupdate with answers to a lots of questions.