Chapter 11

Julian's POV

Part 1

Julian, Julian Malhotra. That is my name. An Anglo Indian. Born to an Indian father and British mother. My father had come to London for work. There he met my Mom and fell in love with her. Overcoming the resistance from both the families both got married.

After three years of marriage, I was born. When I was three years old, my Mom died because of an incurable disease. After that my father was my every thing. We were each other's companion. My father loved my Mom so much so he decided to never marry again and raise me on his own.

We both were very close. He was the best father. He had brought me up with high moral values that he followed even after being in London for such a long time. He was a complete Indian in his followings in spite of his life in a foreign country.

But the happy moments were short lived. When I was ten years old, my father died in a plane crash. He had gone to California for a business meeting leaving me at home with my Nanny. My life turned upside down due to that. I was left alone in this world. I stopped believing in the so called God.

I was sent to an orphanage. My life started becoming more difficult. I was brought up in Indian culture by my father. So coping with the British culture was getting difficult for me.

After a couple of years, I was adopted by a British family who were childless. There also I faced the same problem. It was difficult for me to adapt their British culture. Their way of living was different than me. I was a Hindu while they were Christian.

When I refused to give up on my father's name and take theirs, I saw them getting disappointed. But they gave in. I tried adapting their culture. They helped me.

But the main problem was the outside world who always looked upon me as an inferior once they found out that I am an Indian. It was not difficult to identify given my name and looks which were completely Indian. My classmates weren't interested in keeping friendship with me. They always kept me away.

People were always rude to me. But my foster parents were my biggest supports. They became my companion. They loved me unconditionally. I soon started warming up towards them.

But my life once again turned upside down when I lost my foster parents also in an accident when I was 15. I was once left alone in this world. I lost faith in love and relationships. I understood that I am not for having any relationship. Every person I loved were snatched away from me.

I started staying aloof from everybody. When the authorities tried to take me to an orphanage, I refused. I was not ready to once again through all these. I started staying alone. My parents and foster parents were rich. They had left me a good fortune.

But that came as a curse. People started befriending me for my money. I got into bad companies. I took to alcohol, drugs etc. I started racing, gambling and partying all the time. The morals that my father has instilled in me were lost. The only good thing that was left in my life was my studies.

Slowly, I started loosing my fortune. Then I started taking loans to fulfill my needs. But with no way of income I was crushed under heavy debts. People started threatening me for their money. I started running away from them.

My life was a complete mess. With no one to properly guide me, I was loosing myself. My bad company weren't helping either. Even after trying a lot I couldn't come out of the dark life I had pushed myself into.

But my life took a new turn when she entered my life. Khushi. Khushi Agnihotri. My Doll face. She changed me and my life completely. I still remember the first time I met her.