Chapter 10

Khushi came to aashiyaana as Mr. Bhakshi, the head of aashiyaana legal team had called her to inform about a very serious case in which they were facing many problems. After talking with the whole legal time and studying the whole case thoroughly, Khushi gave a solution.

The whole team was amazed to hear her solution. They were trying to crack the case for a few weeks but she had done it in a few hours. The whole team agreed that it is the best thing to do.

Finishing the meeting she started going when Bhakshi who came to see her off said," Anu, indeed your solution was amazing. We were trying different ways to win the case but it was not working. But you solved the case in a couple of hours. You're an amazing lawyer. I think you should continue practice. Even after years of experience, we find difficult to solve cases but you solve them in minutes. You're talented. If you try you can reach heights in the field. Please think about it once. "

Nodding her head and smiling at him, she got into her car. While returning back home after a hectic day her minded drifted off to the incidents that shook her life, crumbled her beliefs. Challenged her principles and morality. How her life has changed knowing the truth of her sister. How she lost everything that she held dear in her life.

Flashback

5 years ago, Delhi

It was 7 o'clock in the evening. Khushi was returning to her apartment where she was staying as a PG, after a hectic day at law firm. She was working in the firm from the past 5 months. Her boss, Mr.Kumar was an old extremely talented, experienced and well known lawyer. She was like a daughter to him.

When he came to know that she had completed her LLM in just two years that also when she was only 15 years old he immediately took her in. Initially he handed her only small small cases. But realizing her talents he started giving her big and important cases. Under his guidance, in a very short span of few months she had become one of the most sought out lawyer of Delhi metro.

Solving difficult cases had become like a child's play for her. Having won all the cases in which she had appeared in the court some highly sensational and legendary, she is now one of the most renowned lawyers of not only Delhi but also all around the country.

Not liking any extra attention on her she had always kept her identity as much as secret. Because of that her family doesn't know about her job nor her involvement in the cases. Her family was blissfully unaware of her being a lawyer.

Seeing her achievements, Mr Kumar had already suggested her to start practicing on her own. But she decided to stay back. Her original ambition was not law. But she took the profession after witnessing the tragic way in which one of her friend was denied justice after being raped just because she couldn't get a lawyer. The guilty was a very influential person so the lawyers denied to take up case. Eventually because of humiliation and society's taunts her friend committed suicide.

This incident changed her life a lot. Before going to Oxford to complete her ambition of becoming a fashion designer, she decided to become a lawyer and get justice to people who are denied it because of circumstances similar to that her friend faced.

After completing her studies, she made the court to reopen her friend's case. She herself fought the case with her boss's help. After punishing the guilty she felt content. She had finally avenged her friend but in the proper way.

Suddenly her train of thoughts were broken by the sudden breaking of the cab in which she was traveling. The driver informed her that someone had come in front of the car. Getting out she saw the figure of a lady lying in front of the car.

Turning her, Khushi saw that she was a young girl may be one or two years elder than her. She was unconscious. With the help of the driver Khushi brought her to the hospital.