Chapter 9

Few days later, Khushi had come to Aashiyaana to discuss about a case of an inmate with the legal team. Even though she had left law, sometimes she give suggestions to the lawyers in some difficult cases. Her way of solving the cases were always unique and effective.

While discussing the matter, she saw a commotion outside. Coming out she saw a woman wailing out. Some nurses and Bhindra, the in charge of the abused women in aashiyaana, were trying to calm her down. The woman was trying to run away and they were trying to calm her down.

Reaching them and enquiring about the matter Khushi came to know that she was one of the who was domestically abused by her husband and in-laws. She ran away from her house when they tried to kill her unborn baby. The police found her and brought her there. But now, unfortunately, due to stress and physical and mental exhaustion she lost her child which had impacted her badly and she is in shock.

"Leave me, I want to go. My baby will be alone there. I have to go to him. I know you all are with my husband. He only took my baby. I have to go otherwise he will kill my baby. Leave me." The loud wailings of the woman reached her ears.

She felt sympathy towards the woman. Everyday they see cases like this here. Some are so heart wrenching that they can't help but feel a pain deep inside. Why world is so cruel. Can't they understand the pain of a fellow being.

Why they treat women as garbage. Why do they don't they think that the same women had given birth to them.

Taking a deep breath Khushi approached the woman. Breaking free the tight hold around her she pulled her in to warm hug. She silently signalled the others to leave that she will handle the matter. Nodding they all left them alone.

Feeling a warm and comforting hug, the woman calmed down a bit. Lifting her eyes, she looked deep into Khushi's eyes. The love, care, concern and the deep emotions she saw there made her trust her.

Seeing her calming down, Khushi pulled her under one of the trees. Sitting in the platform situated there she signalled the woman to sit beside her who obliged silently.

Looking around where the children are playing, Khushi asked gently,"What is your name".

"Latha" She answered meekly.

Smiling she said, "My name is Khushi. Here everybody calls me Anu. You can call me whatever you wish. This is my aashiyaana. My little cocoon of love". Seeing her listening, she asked,"Can you seen these children ".

Confused Latha nodded her head.

Giving her warm smile and then turning serious, Khushi continued," They don't have parents. Some haven't even seen them. Others were abandoned or some lost their parents in some misfortune. But here they don't feel that pain. Do you know why."

Seeing her nodding her head in a no, Khushi continued, " Because this is their home. Here they have their family. They have all the relations they missed in their life. From grandparents to mother, father, brother sister their Evey relation is here. I know you have lost your child and nothing can replace it".

Seeing her weeping, she said, "But why don't you think that he is at a better place. He is at God's place where he will be leaving among angels who will take care of him. My Ajooba says that those who leave this world becomes stars. May be your baby would also have become a star and would be looking at you. But if you will cry like this won't he feel bad".

Getting up she started walking while Latha silently followed her. Going into the young toddler's wing she stopped. Latha amazingly looked around the little ones moving around. After coming there she was always scared of the things that happened in her life that she seldom comes out of her room.