Chapter 17

Arnav drove his car through the busy streets of Mumbai. After driving for god knows how many hours, he reached a deserted road. Getting out of his car, he sat on the ground leaning on the car. His eyes were blood shot red, clothes were unkept and hair messed up. Tightly closing his eyes he screamed out crying.Today he lost his everything.

Arnav Singh Raizada. The elder son of Raizada family. Born with a silver spoon, he never knew what poverty was. He was always the prince of Raizada family. But the two biggest problems in his life was, one he couldn't say no to his family specially his mother and sister, and second he couldn't express his feelings in words.

When it came to expressing his feelings in words, words always failed him. So he always tried to express his feelings through actions. He was a great businessman who could crack any difficult deals with his negotiations and sharp and crisp words and business tactics. But when it comes to relationships he couldn't voice out his feelings.

He was ruthless, cunning, cruel and stone hearted in business world. In business, he was a complete monster. But when it comes to his family and relations he is soft, calm, loving and caring. He never raised his voice on any of his family members. If he's fire in business world then he is like a soothing breeze at home. His personality in his professional and personal life is entirely contrast. You would have doubt if both are same person or not.

His family was his another weakness. He loved them to bits. His mother and sister were the most important people in his life. He loved them more than himself. His sister was everything for him. Being the first girl child after nearly five generations of only male children, his sister was most pampered by all family members.

When he was born he followed suit. Being the elder among the four brothers he took it upon himself to take care of his siblings. His sister was the apple of his eyes. Like a responsible younger brother he protected and fulfilled all wishes of his sister. He never said no to any of her demands.

The over pampering by the family members had made his sister stubborn and little selfish. She always got what she wanted. That made her more demanding. She wanted whatever she wished. He also gave her everything she wanted. He never denied any of her wishes. His sister also took advantage of his soft corner for her.

Kapoors were Raizada's family friends. Mr. Kapoor's father was Dadaji's friend. He was a nice man, honest, sincere and down to earth. But from the next generation, the scenario changed. Mr and Mrs Kapoor were utterly wrong people. They were selfish, greedy, dishonest and cruel. They would do anything for money. They tried to keep the family friendship intact for their own selfish reasons. But Arjun and Manohar never encouraged it but acted civil and friendly in functions.

But when it came to the third generation, the situation changed once again. Anjali befriended the Kapoor daughter Sheetal unknown to their evil plot. She also encouraged Arnav to befriend Mahesh. Arnav who followed his sister every word obliged to her and befriended Mahesh but still maintained a small distance unlike his sister who was completely under the spell of Kapoor family.

They manipulated Anjali like they wanted. Anjali who easily trusted people without thinking fell in their trap easily. Being stubborn and selfish, Anjali started pairing Arnav with Sheetal who she thought as her best friend and would always follow her words. With time passing, Anjali started pestering Arnav to have a relationship with Sheetal which he denied many times.

In one occasion, Anjali went a step ahead and declared Sheetal as Arnav's girlfriend to the guests in a party held by the Raizadas. When Arnav came to know about it, Arnav straight forwardly denied having any such relationship with Sheetal unwontedly humiliating Kapoor's among the croud.

Next morning, Arnav was greeted with the news of Sheetal's suicide attempt. He was shocked. Somewhere he felt himself responsible for the incident. His sister's constant accusatory words didn't help him either. Finally overcome with his guilt and afraid that Sheetal might try to take her life again if he denied her, he agreed to be her boyfriend. His sister also added fuel to the fire by her constant pestering and comments on how they would make a good pair. He finally agreed to be in a forced relationship with Sheetal for his sister's happiness and to save Sheetal's life.