Chapter 32

Others who were present in the living room was looking at the conversation with different emotions. Everyone could feel the hurt and pain both of them were going through. Mostly Khushi. They could understand that it was not only the things that happened two days back or now that was affecting her but also the pent up pain and hurt that she was suffering for years. They could clearly see that it was not only Arnav but each and everyone of them were responsible for her this state. Her anger was not only directed at Arnav but everyone of them. The thing is she expresses it in front of Arnav but for others she doesn't express it directly.

They couldn't blame Khushi for behaving like this. Her pain and hurt was too deep that it won't go away in two or three days or by giving them small small punishments. But they were also helpless they didn't know what to do other than apologizing to her. But she was not ready to hear anything. They can't even blame her for it.

After bursting out on Arnav, when Khushi went to her room, Arnav also tried to go behind her but Jules stopped him.

Jules: No Arnav. Leave her alone. She needs time to collect herself. She is too hurt now.

Arnav: But I want to talk to her.

Jules: No. Not now. You can talk later.

Arnav: But...

Jules: No buts and ifs I told you no you can talk to her later. No now. Leave her alone for sometime.

Looking at Jules's determined face Arnav was sure he was not going to let him meet Khushi. Frustrated he went to his room. Julian was in his protective brother mode. He had seen his sister break down once again today. Even though Khushi didn't cry in front of others. He knew she must be crying right now in her room.

He knew she didn't like to show her weak self in front of these people. So he stopped Arnav from meeting her. She at least deserved that much privacy. He didn't like to see his sister like this. This weak. But for her to be strong she need to get out that pain from her heart so he let her cry. He wanted to go and see if she was fine but he let her be for the time being. He gave her time to compose herself.

Others felt guilty seeing Khushi and Arnav's state. But the one who felt bad the most was Ratna. Because she knew somewhere she was the reason for all that is happening in Arnav and Khushi's life. It was because she had forced Arnav to marry Sheetal that all these are happening. Both Arnav and Khushi are suffering because of her.She felt ashamed of herself.

***************
Ratna was the eldest daughter of Rajesh Mallik and Devyani Mallik. She was born in a very conservative family. Her parents were always very strict about rules. She and her sister were brought up with high moral values and traditions. They were taught to be calm, composed and always disciplined.

Even though with time her sister Manorama had turned to a person who was loud and vibrant. Ratna remained to be soft spoken, calm and well mannered woman that she was taught to be like. Her parents had brought her up in a very protective way. They were always kept away from the cruel and greedy world. They were never exposed to the selfish and corrupt society outside.

Ratna was brought up telling that she was going to marry Arjun. So her world always revolved around it. She never thought about anything beyond a life as Arjun's wife. She was educated and broad minded. After her marriage also she had lived her life in a very protected lifestyle. Arjun had always kept her away from all the bad things that happened in the society. So according to her everyone was good.

She considered every person to be honest and loving. The protected lifestyle that she lived all her life never let her see the true self of the people around her. She believed people easily and cared for them. Her world revolved around her family and their needs. She did everything to keep her family happy.