Chapter 30

Ratna was making evening snacks in kitchen when Ponies came there. They were looking for someone. Seeing this, Ratna asked, "What happened, babies. Who are you searching for?"

Ponies (frowning): We are searching for Beejibaa. We are hungry. We need something to eat.

Ratna: Oh. That's all. OK then. You three go and sit in the living room. I will bring something for you.

Ponies looked at each other.
Ponies: No we will ask Beejibaa.

Ratna: Arrey, why are you troubling her for this small thing. You go. I will bring food for you.

Ponies nodded their heads and went out. After sometime, Ratna came with a plate of peanut butter cookies. Ponies were about to eat that when the cookies were taken away. Looking up they saw their mother looking at Ratna with murderous rage.

Khushi (shouted): Beejibaa. Beejibaa.

Everyone came out hearing her shout.

Turning to Beejibaa, Khushi said pointing at the cookies, "Put them in dustbin."
Turning to Ratna, Khushi shouted, "What the hell were you doing? How dare you give that to my kids."

Ratna: Voh. They said that they are hungry so I gave them that to eat.

Khushi: If they said that they are hungry. Then who asked you to give them food. You could have told someone else. Do you know they are allergic to peanuts and you were giving them that. What if something had happened to them. Who would be responsible.

Ratna's eyes widened on knowing that Ponies are allergic to peanuts.
Ratna: I didn't knew that they are allergic to peanuts. They didn't tell me.

Khushi: What the hell. So you were expecting them to tell you about the allergy. Are you mad. They are just two-three year old kids and you are expecting them to tell you about allergy. You are also a mother right. You have also grown children. Don't you know this much small children doesn't understand about all these allergies. For them these type of food are what they will like and they will eat without thinking if given. It is elders duty to look what they are eating. But I don't understand who asked you to give them food. You don't know a single thing about them still you gave them the same food that they are allergic to out of all other food.

Ratna: I am sorry.

Khushi: Sorry. Seriously. First doing wrong then saying sorry. This is good. I just don't understand why are you hell bent on harming me and my kids. What wrong had we done to you.

Ratna: I am sorry. I really didn't know that they had allergy.

Khushi: You didn't know that they had allergy. Then why did you give them food. So many people are there in the house. You could have asked anybody else to give them food. You could have told Beejibaa. Haven't I asked you to stay away from my kids. Then why are you behind them. Don't you understand in simple words. Just stay away from my kids.
And what were you telling..... Sorry. So you think by just telling sorry, you can rectify all your mistakes.

By hearing Khushi's shout, everyone had come out. They were shocked to see Khushi shouting at Ratna. Khushi was always a girl who respected elders. She never talked to elders with raised voice but today seeing her shouting at Ratna left them shocked. But when they understood the situation, they didn't know who to support. As a mother, Khushi was right at her place. No mother would tolerate if some harm reaches her kids. Knowingly or unknowingly Ratna has done something that could have hurt Ponies badly. By looking from Khushi's point of view, they could understand her anger.

But now when Khushi asked the question whether you can rectify all your mistakes by just telling sorry, they felt a jolt passing through them. Somewhere her question had put all of them in thought. Can they actually rectify the mistake, they had done to her by just telling sorry.