Chapter 28 Part B

Part B

Arnav (finally loosing his patience shouted): Shut up Mrs. Jha. Stop your nonsense. What are you saying. So what if Jiju went to meet a girl in Blue Mount Restaurant. I knew about it.

Anjali (shocked): Chote.... You knew about it.

Arnav (irritated): Yes I knew about it.In fact I only booked table for them.

Anjali: What???

Arnav: Yes. I booked table for them. I only arranged their meeting. Do you know who that girl was.

Anjali: Who??

Arnav: Khushi.

Everyone looked at the trio - Arnav, Khushi and Shyam with confused eyes.

Anjali: What????

Arnav: Yes. That girl was Khushi. There was some legal problems regarding one case in AS Groups. Our company's lawyer was not able to fight the case. So Khushi was looking for a new lawyer. I only suggested Jiju's name to her. She agreed. So I reserved table for both of them. In fact I was also about to accompany Khushi on that day to restaurant. But at the last minute, an emergency came up. I had to go to attend another meeting. So Khushi had to go alone.

Anjali: No chote. I won't believe you. I know it is not the truth. You are lying to me to save your Jiju.

Arnav (irritated): Shut up Mrs Jha. You know what Jiju was right. You are sick. You will only believe what you think to be true. And nobody can make you understand. Whether you believe or not but the truth is that that girl was Khushi and she went to meet Jiju to discuss about that case.

Anjali: OK then I will believe you Chote. Shyam ji had went to meet Khushi to discuss about case. But then why did he hug Khushi.

Before Arnav could answer her, Shyam interrupted and answered her question.

Shyam: Anjali, you know what your problem is. If you think something in your mind, you will remain firm in that. You will never try to understand the truth. You will never think if you are thinking right or wrong. And what were you asking, why did I hug Khushi right. Then can I ask you a question. Don't you hug your brothers. Don't you hug your father, chacha, Dadaji and Nanaji. Does all those hug has just one meaning.

Anjali: Woh I... I...

Shyam: Now why are you not speaking anything. Speak up. Yes, I hugged Khushi. But it was a normal brother- sister hug. But you won't understand it. Because in your mind, if a man and a woman hug then it has only one meaning. It is not your fault. It is just that your thinking is like that.

Anjali: OK fine, I agree. It was Khushi with you that day at restaurant. But when I asked you about it why did you lie. Why did you said that you went to meet a client at his office.

Shyam: I didn't lie, Anjali. I actually went to meet my client Mr. Ahuja after I met Khushi in the restaurant. I didn't knew that you were asking about the restaurant meeting. I just said about the meeting in Mr Ahuja's office when you asked me.

Anjali: OK then. Tell me who is this choti then. Why do you go out of room when her call comes. What do you talk to her in terrace till late night.

Shyam looked at Anjali with disbelief and bewilderment. He couldn't understand her. She has problem with his each and every doings. Nevertheless he decided to answer her question and end this discussion once and for all. He was having head ache. He just couldn't stand her baseless accusations and her mad behavior anymore. Shyam looked at Arnav. He looked equally irritated with his sister. He know if she say one more word, surely Arnav is going to explode. He seemed to be on the verge of loosing his patience.