Chapter 23

Arnav didn't know how he reached his house. He was fully drenched in rain water. But he cared less. The pain inside his heart had made him so numb that the numbness caused by the rain didn't affect him. He was looking like a soulless being. Indeed he was that. Today he had lost his everything. Now there was nothing left to look forward. Nothing left to hope.

All his hopes of getting Khushi's forgiveness one day were shattered. There was nothing left to look forward. He looked at the building in front of him which was his and his family's new residence from the past one year. A 2BKH flat in one of the cheapest chawl in Mumbai. Yes a chawl. They were living here from past one year.

Arnav sighed. He went inside. He saw his family members sitting there talking. Ignoring them he went inside the room the gents used. After getting dressed up he sat in the room doing some work but his mind was elsewhere.

Seeing him going in without even giving a proper glance at anyone his family members sighed. Ratna was on the verge of tears. Anjali also felt bad. Since two years it had been like this. From the day, Arnav came to know that his mother and sister had played with his feelings and Khushi left him, Arnav was living like a lifeless soul.

He never talking with his mother and sister. Forget about talking, not even shared the same room with them. He would always walk away when he saw them, never spared a glance at him. His relation with other family members were also limited. He talked with nobody other than on necessary occasions that too only few words.

When they were in Shantivan, he would go to office early in the morning even before anyone got up and would return after everyone had slept. He would go to office at Sundays also. He never socialized. He wouldn't even attend any festivals or functions with his family. He was leaving a complete lonely life with Khushi's memories.

He had filled his room with Khushi's photos and memories and would spend the whole time with when he was home. True to his words, he never accepted Sheetal as his wife. She always remained as a guest in Shantivan. She was given the guest room as Arnav wouldn't allow her to enter his room. He would lock his room while going out and after coming back he would lock himself inside his room. He never allowed anybody to enter his room except HP who cleaned his room.

No only Arnav's but also all other relations were extremely affected by that one incident. Loosing Khushi had turned out like loosing the light of everyone's life. The relation that was most affected was the friendship between Agnihotris and Raizadas. The two family who lived as one happy extended family were separated. When the other members of the Agnihotri family had returned from their respective trips, they were shocked to know the events that happened in their absence. Even Aastha felt guilty seeing her daughter's life ruining.

Agnihotris held Raizadas responsible for what happened to their daughter. They tried to find her but with no positive results. They cut all their ties with Raizadas. The age old friendship with the families were ruined. Shlok and Arjun who were best friends were separated. Their interaction were limited to only business matters. Even Aastha and Ratna who were good friends separated. They never talked with each other. Aastha sometimes visited to see Shreya but that also reduced. She only came only if it was most necessary.

Before one year, everything changed. Their lived were ruined. Sheetal and Shreya betrayed them and took their all properties. The whole of Agnihotri and Raizada properties including Arnav's Dreams fashion house were snatched those two evil witches from them. They threw them on the streets. They revealed their true colors to the Agnihotris and Raizadas.

Knowing everything they all felt guilty. They were giving milk to snakes all these years. They felt guilty of the injustice they had done to that one poor soul. But they were too late. They had lost their everything. Nobody helped them.

Finally finding no other way they reached Aashiyaana. Aashiyaana, the little cocoon of love which gave solace to everybody who came there in need took them in. Arnav knew that it belonged to Khushi. But he kept quiet. He didn't told anything to anyone. He didn't find them worthy to know the truth as they never tried to know Khushi when she was with them.

After couple of months they somehow managed to find some jobs and move out of Aashiyaana. They took three flats in the chawl. The first one was for Agnihotris. In the second one Dada- Dadi, along with Arnav's parents, Anjali, Shyam, Arnav and Dhruv lived. In the third one was Nana-Nani, Manohar- Manorama, NK, Lavanya, Akash and Payal.

Each flat had two bedrooms, one small living room, dining hall, kitchen and bathroom. Men stayed in one bedroom and women in another. Every men in the family was working.

Both Agnihotris and Raizadas were suffering. But still Agnihotris didn't forgive Raizadas. The only person they kept contact with in Raizadas were Dhruv because they somewhat felt guilty for what Shreya had done to Dhruv. So they let him help them.

Being older in age it was difficult for Shlok and Varad to get jobs which could help them meet ends. So Arnav was helping them. Since they didn't even acknowledge his presence, Arnav used Dhruv to help them. He gave money to them through Dhruv as it was only way they accepted money.

Arnav was helping them because he felt responsible towards his Khushi's family. He felt guilty that because of him they were away from their daughter. If she would have been with them then they wouldn't have been suffering so much. So he felt it his duty to look after his Khushi's family.

***************

Next day

Khushi was sitting in her cabin in AS groups office. She was thinking about the incidents that happened the previous day. She knew about all that happened with Agnihotris and Raizadas. Her Baba (Girish) used to tell her about all that happened after she left Mumbai.

So she knew how Agnihotris and Raizadas were betrayed by Sheetal and Shreya. She knew it was coming so she wasn't surprised when Baba told her about it. She also came to know they had come to Aashiyaana. But she didn't know what happened after they left from there. She didn't cared.

But yesterday seeing her Ajooba and her family in that state she felt bad. True she acted rude to them yesterday. But now she felt guilty. She was rude to wrong people. Her Ajooba, Badepapa and Badimaa had always loved her and supported her.

It was true that they were ignorant of her hurt and pain, or rather say unknown to her hurt and pain but they were the only people who showered their love on her in her family. Unlike her parents they have always been with her whenever possible. Her Badimaa had literally raised her.

She had given her mother's love and care when her own mother was never there. She had cooked food for her, fed her with her own hand and brought her up along with her Tai..She never differentiated between her and Tai. When Tai died both had become each other's solace.

Khushi felt guilty. She even denied her Badimaa justice by not punishing her daughter's murderers. No she won't repeat her mistakes. She will avenge her Tai. She also had to help her Ajooba, Badepapa and Badimaa. Her parents were guilty but she can't punish these three souls for her parents' mistakes. She can't let them suffer anymore.

Precap: Khushi-Girish and Sumitra's past

I know this chapter was very small. But it was necessary. I wanted to give the background of what is happening with Agnihotris and Raizadas. Next chapter will be big. And very crucial with twists and turns. The real game begins.

Pls pls pls comment and tell me how the story was going. Thank you.