Chapter 24

Khushi had gone to chawl to meet a man there who worked in her company to give some monetary help. The moment she reached there, the natives who recognized her surrounded her. For them she was like an Angel. From children to elders everyone loved and respected her. After greeting them, she decided to first finish the work for which she had come there.

She met the man and his family and gave the money. After asking about their welfare and some little chit chat, she was returning when she saw her Badimaa. Her Badimaa was standing in long que to get water from water pump. She felt bad.

Inquiring with the neighbors, Khushi came to know that Raizadas and Agnihotris lived in that chawl and also their condition. She went to the flats where they were staying. The scene she saw sent anger shooting through her. Some rowdy looking men were pushing Dadaji out of the house. They were also misbehaving with the ladies. She was damn angry.

Reaching in front of the man who looked like their master, she shouted, "What the hell is going on here? What are you doing?"

She turned and looked Agnihotris and Raizadas, their condition was really bad. Her gaze went to Dada-Dadi and Nana-Nani. They were also looking like her Ajooba. Weak, pale and sick. With torn and old clothes. She felt miserable. She didn't want it to happen to them.

Dada-Dadi and Nana-Nani were the only people who supported and actually cared for her in Raizada family. They never gave her rights to Sheetal and always was against the extra attention given to Sheetal. When Arnav's marriage happened with Sheetal, they wanted to oppose it but seeing their daughter's condition they were helpless. But they weren't part of it. They refused to attend the marriage and stayed away from all the rituals. During marriage day, Khushi clearly noticed their absence.

Khushi wasn't angry with them. Being a mother she could understand how they must have felt seeing their daughter in death bed fighting for life. She could understand their helplessness. But they still opposed it and stood for her. So she never hated them.

But today seeing the condition of Dada- Dadi, Nana-Nani, her Ajooba, Badepapa and Badimaa, she felt bad. She knew they didn't deserve it. But due to the wrong their family members did, they were also suffering. She didn't help Raizadas and Agnihotris as she couldn't forget what they did to her. But in that she forgot about those seven people who stood by her and cared for her.

While giving punishment to what their family members did, she forgot about them who would also be suffering along with them. But she had to do something. She can't punish them for what others did.

Coming out of her thoughts she looked at the master of the rowdies. He was looking at her from head to toe. Giving a mocking glare, he said, "Who are you to ask what's happening here. Hey look girl, whatever is happening here it is none of your business. Get out of here."

Khushi was spitting fire from her eyes. "Who are you?" She asked.

Raising his eyes with a amused look, he said, " I am Ganguram. These three are my houses. They haven't given rent from the past few months. So that I am throwing them out.

Khushi: How much they had to pay?

Ganguram: Here per flat is for four thousand. Five months back they had paid thirty thousand for three flats which is the rent for two and a half months for three flats. But now from two and a half months they haven't paid rent. Now you got it right. Now get out of here and let me do my work. These people had been making me run saying that they will give money today, tomorrow, day after tomorrow. But now enough, I am going to kick them out of my house. "

Khushi: You are going to do no such thing.

Ganguram: And who are you to stop me. Look girl, this is not your palace. This is chawl and you don't know who I am. This is my place. If I give a single call, all the people will come running and they won't leave you.