Chapter 12

It was Sunday. Khushi was getting ready to go to Paradise when Arnav entered the room from poolside after finishing a phone call. He hugged her from back resting his chin on her shoulder.

"Where are you going?" He asked.

Khushi looked at him through the mirror. It was rare that he questioned her about her whereabouts. He never tried to know about her work or where she went or what she did. He always gave her space to do what she desired.

It was strange that even after being married for two years they never discussed about each other's professional life. He didn't even know that she was in the same profession as him. He never tried to know that. Since she always used her nickname for her professional purposes he didn't know that she was the same business magnet "Anu" about whom he often discussed with his family praising her achievements.

"Mmm.. I have some work." She replied hesitantly. She hates to lie. Nor she was good at it. It was in such unavoidable circumstances that she lied.

Hearing her reply he frowned." Khushi, today is Sunday. As far as I know all offices will be closed on this day."

She knew she was getting trapped. "Hmm. I am not going to office. Actually I have to meet one colleagues. We have some work outside." She tried to manage the situation. She wasn't lieing entirely. She was going to meet Jules and Neha anyway.

"Then don't go. Ask her to do the work herself."

"Why?"

"Because I want to spend the whole day with my wife. It has been a long time we have spend a weekend together. We haven't even gone out together for a long time. Remember how we used to go out in the initial days of our marriage.  We used to have lots of fun. Nowadays mostly you will be busy or I will be busy or Di will be dragging me with them for some stupid work and you will be going out for your work. I am fed up of this. Today we both will go out and have fun. Only we both. Nobody else."

Looking at his expectant eyes she didn't want to deny. He was saying true. In the initial days of their marriage they used to spend a lot of time together. They would always stick to each other. True his sister and Sheetal always tried to keep them apart but they still managed to spend as much time as possible with each other.

But lately they hardly spend any time together. Ever since Ponies are born, she had to go out to meet them on weekends. Her babies were too small to stay alone without their mother. She couldn't spend time with him other than during nights and some rare occasions. She felt bad. She wanted to spend her time with him and her ponies.

Seeing his puppy face which was waiting for a positive reply from her, she felt miserable to deny him. She wanted to go with him and spend her time. But she also had to go to paradise to check upon her kids. Yesterday, Arav was not feeling well. He had slight temperature. She was worried hell. He was crying continuously for the whole day, not even ready to leave her for a minute for the entire day.

She felt torn. On one side was her husband and other side her children. Both needed her. Both were equally important for her. She wanted to spend time with him, also with her children. She felt suffocated. Why all these are so complicated? Why can't it be easy. Why she had to choose? Why can't she fulfill the wishes of the most important people of her life at the same time? Why her life is such a mess?

Taking a deep breath, she prepared herself to reject him. She felt sorry that she couldn't fulfill such a simple wish of her husband. Her children needed her more. She knew she was going to disappoint him but she was helpless.

"Sorry Arnav. I have to go. The work is very important. I have to be there. I am really sorry. I promise we'll soon go to spend some time together but not today."