Chapter 18

Arnav sat on the ground looking at the sky. A plane passed above him. In the business class seat of that plane sat a woman looking pale and weak but determination shown in her eyes.

Khushi was sitting in her seat with Arav on her lap who was fast asleep. Jules and Neha sat on her either sides with Aryan and Arush. She was going back to London. Turning to her left she saw Neha sitting there. She was lost in her thoughts. Khushi sighed. Her friend had suffered a lot in her life but she had survived it.

Thinking about Neha, her mind drifted to the darkest day of her life. The day which changed her life forever. The day she gained her best friend but also lost a lot of things. The day which showed the reality of her life. That reality which had broken her forever. Which had changed her life and existence. The day which had made the innocent, naive Khushi Agnihotri to Anu.

Flashback

Khushi was the princess of Agnihotris. Everybody loved her. Everyone showered their attention and love on her except her parents. Her father was always busy in business. He rarely got time to spend with his daughter but loved her a lot. But her mother was a different case altogether. She never paid attention on Khushi. For the world Aastha Agnihotri was an amazing mother who loved her adopted daughter more than even a real mother would love her own daughter.

Khushi was brought up by her Tai and Badimaa. Her Beejibaa was also another person who showered motherly love on her. Khushi always craved for her mother's love from the time she got her senses. She would always run behind her mother for her one glance, her one loving word but never got one. But her other three mother figures fulfilled her life with love. With passing of time she started living with the fact that her mother is like that even though she still craved for her motherly love.

But one incident shattered her every hope. She lost her faith that she would ever get her mother's love. Her trust in her mother was brutally ruined.

It was annual day in the school where Khushi and Shreya studied. Khushi was just five year old at that time and Shreya was eight year old. Nobody was there at home. Everybody had gone to attend some function. Only Aastha was there at home with the girls. Since it was annual day Aastha decided to stay back to take care of them. Beejibaa was also on leave as some emergency had come at her home. So Aastha was supposed to bring the girls back home.

First it was Shreya's performance then Khushi's. Shreya secured third position in her competition. Aastha was thrilled on knowing that. She along with Shreya left to celebrate on her success forgetting that she had to bring Khushi also with her. Khushi was left back in the school.

After sometime it was Khushi's performance. She finished her performance and secured first place. She was waiting for her mother who was supposed to take her back home. Minutes turned into hours but there was no sign of her mother. Everyone left school. Finally after hours of waiting, Khushi decided to go home alone.

She was walking through the road when a jeep came in front of her and pulled her into it. She was frightened. She tried to scream but someone closed her mouth. After sometime, they reached an old warehouse. They took her inside. She was scared seeing the place.

Those people who brought her there, were part of the gang who kidnapped children, took out their eyes or cut their hands and legs and made them beg to get money.  There were many children, some blind, some dumb, some handicapped and also some children who looked weak even to stand.Seeing everyone Khushi was scared and started crying.

They kept her in a dark room. After sometime some men came and took her out to their leader. From childhood itself Khushi was a beautiful child. She had silver blue eyes which were very unique and made her look like a pure Angel. When the leader saw her the first thing that caught his eyes was her enchanting soulful eyes.