Chapter 6

It was Karwa chauth. Khushi got up 4 in the morning, got ready and came down. Arnav was fast asleep in room.

Coming downstairs, she saw all the ladies of the house seated to have sargi. After giving a small smile, she joined them. Looking ahead she saw her sister Shreya seated sulking. She know that her sister didn't believe in all these nor she was bothered. She was just sitting there to impress the elder ladies of the house for her own benefits. She also know that her sister is not going to keep this fast. As usual it was all a pretense of her.

Looking away, she started having the sargi which her mother in-law, Ratna has prepared. Suddenly, Sheetal came running towards them. She was surprised to see her. She knew that Sheetal had stayed back last night citing the excuse that it was a long time having a sleepover there. She wasn't bothered

But now seeing her, Khushi felt fishy. Her suspicion was proved right when Sheetal extended her hand to take the sargi her mother in-law prepared. Khushi's eyes widened. Even before she could react, Dadi stopped Sheetal by holding her hands.

"It is for daughter in-laws". Dadi said sternly in her sweet voice.

Embarrassed, Sheetal took her hands back. Khushi passed a thankful smile to Dadi. She was thankful to Dadi for saving the day.

Seeing her friend getting embarrassed, Anjali tried to take the control. She tried taking some of the sargi which her mother has prepared for her and started serving Sheetal, when Dadi stopped her yet again

Frustrated, Anjali asked," Dadi, what is the problem if Sheetal has some sargi".

"Beta, sargi is for married girls. It is given to a daughter in-law by her mother in-law. You don't have mother in-law so Ratna gives you being in Shyam's mother's place. Otherwise only Khushi has right on the sargi prepared by Ratna. Everything is fine till a limit. But after that limit, it becomes bad. We know Sheetal is your friend and you care about her. But there are some things we can't change. This is one among them. The truth is Khushi is Arnav's wife and only she has right on the sargi made by Arnav's mother. If Sheetal wants to keep fast then she can help herself with any other food in the kitchen."

Dadi's words worked as an indirect slap on Sheetal. Feeling insulted, Sheetal stood up and went away. Anjali gave a disappointed look to Dadi. She tried going behind Sheetal but Nani stopped her and asked her to finish the food and go.

Khushi silently watched the whole scene playing in front of her silently thanking Dadi in her heart. She saw her sister's fallen face on the failure of their plan. She understood that it was their plan to hurt her. Shaking their head, she concentrated on the food.

She finished the food and went back to room. It was still very early. Feeling sleepy, she slipped into the bed beside her husband. In sleep he rolled on to her side.Keeping his head on chest he started sleeping. Feeling content in his tight possessive hold she too closed her eyes to sleep for some more time.

When she got up it was 9 in the morning. After freshening up she called Jules to check upon Ponies. Today she, Neha and Jules had taken an off. Because it is karwachauth, she has to be at home. Since she is not there, Jules and Neha also took leave to take care of Ponies as they get cranky without her. Beejibaa or Anita alone can't handle them.

As soon as the call got connect she could hear the loud voice of her Ponies. She could understand that they are annoyed on not seeing her. Julian answered the call and let out a huge cry. Scared by his voice, she asked,"Jules, what happened. Are you okay".

Panting he answered,"yeah, yeah I am fine. I thought that I had a good hair style. But never knew that your Ponies disliked them so much that they have been pulling it from the morning. Aaaa....ouch...Aru...leave...leave. Buddy if you leave my hair I will buy you lots of chocolates and all your favorite toys please please. So doll face I was saying aaaaa, Ashu... No please please I will buy you also". Seeing Aryan coming towards him, he said,"Before you also start pulling my head I will buy you also".