Chapter 31

Next day Morning

Khushi got ready and came down to go to Pune. Ponies were also with her. Downstairs Arnav was waiting for her. After having breakfast both got ready to leave. Khushi came to Ponies and hugged them. Kneeling down in front of them she smiled at them.

Ponies: Mumma, do you really have to go?

Khushi: Yes babies, Mumma have to go. But don't worry. Mumma will be back soon. You guys be with Beejibaa, Massi and Superman. And don't play any pranks and be good babies. And don't trouble anybody, okay.

Ponies: OK Mumma.

Kissing them, Khushi left with Arnav. The journey was silent. Arnav was driving the car and Khushi was sitting beside him. She was sitting silently either going through the files or working on laptop.

Soon they reached Pune. They directly went for the meeting. As soon as they reached the meeting started. The meeting was going on smoothly. They had lunch with the clients and continued with the meeting. They were trying to finish the meeting soon so that they could reach back home before midnight. But even after trying a lot, the meeting went longer than they thought.

When they left from there, it was almost close to night. Arnav was driving the car. They stopped the car at a restaurant for dinner and then continued their journey. After some time the weather started deteriorating. It started raining heavily. It was becoming difficult to even see the road. Arnav tried to drive somehow.

The road was full of water. Arnav was driving the car carefully. After sometime, the car stopped suddenly. Arnav tried to start the car. But it was not starting. After trying for two three times, Arnav got down from the car to check what was the problem. He started checking the engine by opening the bonnet of the car. When Arnav didn't came back after sometime, Khushi also came out to check him.

Khushi: What happened? Why the car is not starting?

Arnav: I think water has gone into some parts. I tried to check but I am not understanding anything. You do one thing you stay in the car. I will go and check whether we can get any mechanic or not. Otherwise I will see if there is any other way to get home or if there is any place to stay.

Khushi: OK. But come fast. Don't go too far.

Arnav: Hmmm.

After closing the bonnet, Arnav went to find mechanic. Khushi also came back to sit inside the car. But when she tried to open the door of the car, she realized that while getting out she had accidentally locked the door and the keys are now with Arnav. So she couldn't open the car until Arnav comes back. She decided to wait for Arnav outside the car itself.

The rain was pouring heavily so she went and stood under a tree on the roadside. She was drenched completely. Khushi was waiting for Arnav standing under the tree, when she saw some men coming towards her from the other side. Khushi was alerted. The men looked dangerous. Moreover they were staggering a bit clearly indicating that they were drunk.

The men noticed Khushi standing alone under the tree. They started giving her varied looks. Khushi felt disgusted of their gaze. She was looking towards the direction where Arnav had gone hoping him to return soon. The men were checking out Khushi. They slowly started approaching her.

Khushi was scared. She was aware of their every step. From the corner of her eye she could see them coming near her. When they reached almost two hands distance from her, Khushi started running towards the direction in which Arnav went.

Seeing Khushi running the men also started running behind her. Khushi was running in her full speed. The rain was pouring heavily. She was completely drenched from head to toe. Her clothes were stuck to her body like second skin. The cold weather was sending chill down her spine. Her body was cold up to her bones. Still she kept running using her all strength. She wasn't ready to give up.