Chapter 4: Dinner Gone Wrong

*Maryse's P.O.V."

I head to my room and walked into my large walk-in wardrobe. I picked a pair of white pants, Teal sleevless top and a Black Zara Blazer. I put on my sparkling white platforms and got a black clutch that would fit my phone, money, and keys in it.

I put on a little ounce of make - up. Very light shade of eye shadow and lip gloss partnered with a coat of mascara and a sweep of blush does it. I got out of my room and we all headed out into two different cars. Zayn and Louis drove with me while Niall, Harry, and Liam with Dane.

It was a 20 minute drive filled with story telling and music. When their song Little Things played on the stereo, we all sang our hearts out!

"Your hand fits in mine like its made just for me...But bear this in mind it was meant to be...And I'm joining up the dots with the freckles on your cheeks and it all makes sense to me..." Zayn sang his part

Ohhh Gosshhh, his voice is so angelic!!!! The depth of his soulful voice is so deep that it can reach six feet under the ground.

"We're here." I said as I pulled up in the parking space.

We got out and got in to the restaurant as quickly as possible because we sighted some paparazzi while we were on our way here.

We sat on the bench while we wait for Dane and the others. A few seconds later, they came in and we walked towards them.

"Reservation for 7 heads, under the name of Dane." Dane said

"Right this way, ma'am." the receptionist said, leading us to our booth.

We all sat down and were given menus. As we were trying to choose something for our dinner, a small sudden flash came into us. From one, they doubled, tripled,quadrupled, until they are all too much to handle.

We tried to leave but we can't. The paparazzis were such pain in the ass. Then, security came into view. They shooed the paparazzi, making them leave the restaurant and never get the chance to get back in it.

A few minutes later, we heard sudden loud noises surrounding the restaurant, more like cheering. Oh gosh, directioners are here and I guess they're hundreds of them waiting outside.

The waiter came unto us and took our order. We waited and talked for a few minutes then our food came.

"Good food, eh?" Dane asked Niall.

"Mhm, umm!!" Niall mumbled as he chewed his food.

"They look cute together." I whispered to Zayn's ear. He was sitting beside me while Liam is on the other side.

"Yup, they do. They should hook up or be together forever." He whispered back.

"They look so good together. Her beauty and His hotness go really good together."

"But you're much beautiful than them. Much much more beautiful." He whispered softly in my ear. I turned my head to the side and accidentally kissed him!

I didn't notice that he was still close to me when I turned. I pulled away as fast as I could, hoping that no one saw that. But I was wrong, Louis, Liam, Niall, Dane and Harry stared at us as if we were aliens. Zayn smiled at me and I looked away.

"Excuse me, I need to go to the bathroom." I stood up and Zayn too so I can slip out.

I rushed into the bathroom and began to try calming myself down. I looked at the mirror as my fingers ran into my lips. The tingling sensation didn't leave my lips. I was breathless.

I washed my hands and tried to sprinkle some water in my face to make sure I wasn't dreaming. A few seconds later, I saw the door open. It was Dane coming in.

"Hey! Everything alright?" she asked. I opened my mouth, trying to find the words to escape my mouth but I can't. So, I just nodded.

"What happened?" she asked again.

"Well, me and Zayn were whispering to each other about you and Niall looking cute together when suddenly he said that I look much much more beautiful than you guys. So, I blushed and about to look to him when suddenly I didn't realize that he was still near me, then I accidentally kissed him!" I exclaimed.

"So? There's nothing wrong with that! It was an accident, so what?"

"You know that I like him, right?" she nodded

"Cuz I need to tell you something."

"What is it?" she conjured.

"Earlier this afternoon, we were watching a movie, we were talking then he was about to kiss me. He was leaning in to me and was about to tell me something when suddenly my phone rang. It was Liam calling about you guys coming over. When we were interrupted, he even said 'fucking interruption', and I was like thinking that what was he about to say and why was he pissed that we got interrupted?" I told her and her jaws dropped

"Oh god Maryse! He has a thing for you! From the very first day we met him, I already noticed him staring at you and maybe like flirt with you. Remember when he kissed the back of your hand when he greeted you?"

"Yes I remember that but I shrugged it off thinking that it was a sign of respect."

"And oh! I remember seeing you guys grinding on the dancefloor in that club last night! He is totally into you!"

I shrugged and looked down at the floor.

"C'mon, lets go back out there, they'll start to think we left because we're in here for a while, just shrug it off for an hour or so."

She grabbed my hand and dragged me back to the table. I sat back on where I was seated before I left.

"Why'd you guys took so long?" Zayn asked curiously. It still bothered me but I try to hide it so I answered.

"Oh sorry, girls tend to take a while in the bathroom, long line and such. But its all fine now, lets go back to eat."

"Okay then. You alright?"

I nodded and continued to finish my food.

After an hour, we finished our food and the boys payed for the bill again. Zayn insisted on it again so I let him.

We got out of the restaurant and a hundred flashes and loud screaming welcomed us. Zayn held my hand and walked out the restaurant as quickly as possible but we couldn't budge because of the people surrounding us.

Finally, we reached my car. He let go of my hand and took the keys out of my other hand. 'I'm gonna drive', he mouthed. I nodded as He opened the door of the passenger seat. I hopped in and he closed the door. He walked on the other side of my car and hopped in the driver seat.

"Do you know the way?" I asked

"Yup, I can easily remember routes with just going there once."

"Okay then, but wait! What about Louis? Isn't he supposed to be with us?"

"Nope, I told him to go join the others, they'll be going back to the hotel."

"But what about you?"

"We need to talk about a few things so I'm gonna take you home."

"K." I replied

I kept my silence throughout the ride and looked out on the window. As we cruise the highway, only the songs on the radio can be heard. Awkward silence fills the car and I can't help but think, is it about the accidental kiss earlier?