Chapter 17 Goodbyes and New Beginnings

That horrible sound... That cold feeling... That hole in my heart...

Everything is happening so fast. The beat of my heart pounds faster and harder by the second. I am dead. All is gone with this life if she is gone.

Is it real? Is this just some nightmare that can kill me in an instance?

I rush back inside to see them huddle at the bedside with those sorrowful looks. I look them in the eye and I can see those apologies in them.

No! It can't be! I must be dreaming.

I must be dreaming.

I must be dreaming.

This is a fucking nightmare.

It can't be.

No. No. No!!!

"Zayn! Zayn!" Someone shakes me.

I go back to the now, It WAS a nightmare.

"What happened to you? You were crying and wailing." Dane asks

"I dreamt that Maryse died. That can't happen, right?" I ask her

"Let's just wish it won't happen. By the way, the doctor said that her vitals are better since the accident, so maybe she will wake up sooner rather than later." She smiles lightly

"Okay... um thanks, Dane."

I look back at Maryse's sleeping form, wishing she wakes up now. I miss her. I go back to sleep and good thing is that, there were no more nightmares.

*Third Person's P.O.V.*

The warm air whistles around the room. The windows are closed yet it feel like its open. All of them, Zayn, Dane, Niall were the only ones inside with Maryse. While Liam, Dani, El, Louis and Harry are outside waiting for their shift. Only the ladies were asleep since the lads had their sleep after they recorded earlier. The girls were out and about, shopping and even bought numerous items for Maryse that they will give when she wakes up.

That is IF she wakes up.

Suddenly, in the gust of wind blowing, a movement unexpectably arises. While all of them are unaware, the wait has finally ended. A month that is too long cuts short.

Those long lashes flutter against her cheeks. Those black and deep eyes move to and fro and finally opens. The sight of the room flashes before those eyes, then sees a jet black of hair that belongs to a sleeping form on the side, leaning against the side.

But all that is on her mind is confusion. The only question on her mind swims, "Who is he?"

She only recognizes the lady in red sleeping beside a blonde on the couch in front of her bed. She knows that its her bestfriend yet she doesn't know the blond.

"Who are they?" she thoughts.

"Why am I here?"

She tries to move her hand and she succesfully does with her right hand since her left is on a entwined with a bigger one. She lifts her hand and runs it through the long jet black hair.

"Wake up, dude. You are holding my hand."

The head moves and with wide eyes, the lad smiles brightly.

"Maryse! You're awake!" he exclaims.

Just then, it hits her, Its Zayn Malik from One Direction! The love of her life! The man of her dreams! Yet she knows, he is already taken. She frowns.