Chapter 19 A year in the making

*Zayn's P.O.V.*

In almost a week, it will be Maryse's birthday and within two weeks time, it will be our first year together. I am so excited for us. I am actually thinking of something for her. I have two surprises in mind for her birthday and our anniversary.

Currently, The lads, together with Maryse's company are here in Los Angeles. We are staying at the Peninsula hotel and we will stay there for two weeks just in time for Maryse's birthday. Sadly, we will be leaving for New York by monday, which is the day after Nialler's birthday.

Actually, Maryse is saddened by the part of us celebrating our anniversary apart but since I talked to our managers to have them be on NY before our anniversary and they agreed, I've been planning that day.

We have the day full packed with interviews and promotional appearances all over Los Angeles while Maryse is with her company, on their way to Christian's surprise for Maryse.

Christian did not mention anything when we talked when we were waiting for our flight in Heathrow but he hinted that Maryse would be dealing with more people other than in the modelling world. I still don't know what it is though but I hope she'll be happy with what Christian will be showing her.

As we wait for the interviewer, I open my phone and check on Maryse. Both of our companies are staying at the same hotel so we had breakfast in a single dining area. Maryse has mentioned that we will be leaving at the same time frame and that she will be back earlier than I will.

I press the call button and place my phone on my hear. On the fourth ring, she picks up her phone. I hear the hushed voices in the background. Sounds like she is at an office space.

"Hey babe." I hear her whisper

"Hey, did I interrupt you?"

"Oh no. We just got here in an office and Christian said that we have a meeting here."

"Really? How are you?"

"I'm fine, baby. What about you?"

"Same. Oh and I'm thinking, since you'll be ho-" I was cut off by the interviewer coming in

"Hi, I'm Maya Roberts and I will be interviewing you today."

"Hello?" Maryse asks

"Oh sorry babe. Interviewer just came. Can I take a raincheck? I'll text you after, okay?"

"Yeah, sure. I'll be going in a minute too."

"Bye, love you."

"Love you too, Zayn. Bye."

I hang up.

"Was that Maryse?" Liam asks

"Yeah, I was gonna ask her for dinner but I'll just ask her later since the interviewer is here." He nods

Interview Live on TV

I: Hello and Welcome back to Pop L.A. Here we have today's guests, One Direction!

Liam: Hello everyone, thank you for having us today.

I: Well, we are all excited and psyched to have you here. So, what are your plans during your stay here in America.

Harry: Um... we will be roaming Los Angeles and New York for some promotional tours to promote our new album. We'll be doing also some shows and interviews.