Chapter 3: The Nightmares

"Oh god!" A woman shouted as people began to scream in horror while children cried or ran outside and Henry saw what happened and ran to his office to call an ambulance.

"Michael... What did you just do?" Sally screamed.

"I-i don't know that wasn't supposed to happen it was just meant to deactivate, t-to not cause harm and to show him it wasn't harmful and what a sucker he was." Michael started to walk back in tears as the others did but in fear.

"Well good job because it stopped all right, and then crushed his skull!" Thomas said taking off his Freddy mask.

"We are in so much trouble, we are going to get trialled for manslaughter and go to jail!" Mark said panicking.

"Some of his blood got through this Chica head and into my mouth! I feel like vomiting." Sally said holding her stomach.

"This may not be good but if we keep our masks on and run out, we won't get caught and my dad won't kill me." Michael said as they all hurried out. As they left the room, William came running in with the paramedics and saw who the victim was. His son, he dropped to the floor and on his knees and screamed,

"Not again. No! Not again! Not James! Goddamnit why James!?! Nooo! Whhhyyy?" The paramedics told him that James was still alive but was seriously injured and needed medical attention immediately. They all rushed him to the ambulance and drove quickly to the hospital.

Michael and his friends ran so fast to Michael's house to hide but stopped to breathe and realise what they have just done. Thomas puked when they stopped and took off their masks, Sally was freaking out, Mark kept repeating how they were in so much trouble while Michael sat down and cried.

"I didn't- didn't mean for this to happen, I didn't know that would happen, I didn't want to kill my own little brother." The traffic that day was terrible so the ambulance had to take a detour to the hospital which was through the neighbourhood that the Afton's lived on and as they passed the Afton house, William saw Michael through the back window with the foxy mask and the three others with their masks. The same ones he saw when they ran out of Freddy Fazbear's after the accident. Michael saw his father and how upset and furious he was. He then knew he was in huge trouble for this accident.

After medical treatment, James was revealed to be in a coma he might not recover from. Michael felt so guilty he visited every day and told him how sorry he was and how he didn't mean it. William was furious at Michael and beat him every day when he got home from the hospital. Every day now, Michael went to school with sunglasses to hide his black eyes. The police didn't get the identities of the kids but Henry knew that one of them was Michael, so he was fired and was grounded for three months away from his friends but was allowed to visit the hospital when given permission. When the hospital staff watched James they would see his heart rate race at some points, especially at night. So they increased the medical treatment they were giving him just in case he goes into cardiac arrest or something worse, possibly death.

In James's mind, however, his mind was repeating the days leading up to his birthday but as he saw it or thought of it and had the same nightmares but they had worsened from the regular animatronic characters. From the memory of his father chasing him and his brother and his friends put him inside Fredbear causing this to happen kept repeating, the animatronics becoming more demonic, withered away. But this time he was in his own room keeping himself safe from them, they were especially active in his mind at 12 am to 6 am, tormenting him to feel as no one even cared for him before and after his birthday party. His only friend was his Fredbear plush and his other stuffed toys of the characters but they never spoke making him feel more hated that he existed. The animatronics appeared to be scary enough but as the memories came back, he started to remember more and relive them more, but the nightmares just got worse and more aggressive and worn away.