Chapter 10: Memories

It happened in late 1993, I was still under my alternate identity Mike Schmidt since the police still wanted to arrest me since 87. No other job would hire me after the last Freddy's closed and I had no cash, but on one Sunday night, he tells me that he was going to reuse the animatronics stored below us, for weeks he had been renovating the storage area that was once a bomb shelter during World War 2. It's now Circus Baby's Rentals and Entertainment and has 1 private party for a rich family a day and now needs me as a night shift mechanic. I took the offer thinking it would prove to my dad that I can redeem myself. Later that night he told me that he would provide me with the house to live in along with some money and protection from the police as long as I do my job and listen to the Hand Unit, he called it that to make it sound more futuristic but to be honest it was just a keypad with voiced by a friend he knew from the Freddy's in 87, and to especially find them and to put her back together. I took the advice, confused on the last part, and descended down the elevator into the unknown. I was greeted by a Hand Unit, it had a piece of tape on it with my name on it and I noticed that it wasn't a live feed but prerecorded tapes. William must have programmed for my shift, really friendly sounding beyond its true secrets. It talked to me about how great it was to work there and asked me to enter my name. I took another look at the hand unit's keyboard with the tape. With another look at it, I assumed my father wanted me to notice it and type in my name. But the keyboard glitched out and the Hand Unit assumed my name from all the prerecorded tapes and welcomed it.

"Welcome, EGGS BENEDICT!"

Is what the Hand Unit said and I did have a quick laugh because I wasn't expecting it. I eventually reached the bottom, I opened the doors to find the police tape still there for the day of the accident. I entered through the main vent entrance, my father had it designed that way so nobody could just walk in our house, go down the elevator and walk out stealing one or more of the animatronics. As I began to crawl inside the Hand Unit started telling me some background information on the current situation of Circus Baby's Pizza World.

"Due to the massive success and even more so the unfortunate closing of Freddy Fazbear's Pizza, it was clear the stage was set - no pun intended - for another contender in children's entertainment. Unlike most entertainment venues, our robotic entertainers are rented out for private parties during the day and it's your job to get the robots back in working order before the following morning."

I crawled through the vent and made it to the Primary Control Module to which the Hand Unit said it was just a crawlspace. Unbeknownst to me, there were hidden motion detectors in the walls that noticed me and scanned my outfit, it registered me as a crew member and two control modules rose up out of two-floor panels, two buttons on each. The top two were blue with the sun while the bottom two were red with an electricity symbol, none of them was lit up. The Hand Unit gave me my instructions.

"Now, let's get started with your daily tasks. View the window to your left. This is the Ballora Gallery Party Room and Dance Studio, encouraging kids to get fit and enjoy pizza. Let's turn on the light and see if Ballora is on stage."

I walked over to the left of the room and faced the window showing the dark room.

"Press the blue button on the elevated keypad to your left."

I pressed the blue button to have it light up the whole stage. I immediately noticed that she was missing. I was nervous but the Hand Unit told me what to do, somehow detecting she wasn't there.

"Uh Oh, it looks like Ballora doesn't feel like dancing. Let's give her some motivation. Press the red button now to administer a controlled shock, maybe that will put a spring back in her step."

I pressed the red button to give her a controlled shock. The lights began to flicker inside the room and inside Ballora Gallery. For a split second, I swore I saw a figure in the darkness at the other end of the window, staring back at me.