Chapter 10: Memories

I flicked the light switch on and when the lights came on so did the Hand Unit and it began lecturing me about being unauthorized to be in here and that I would be fired and forcefully escorted out.

"Man they got pre-recorded tapes for everything."

I remember thinking. There was James's Fredbear plush and next to it were computers, a tablet and a keypad. I typed the same password in the keypad and the three other monitors out up with the live feed of the inside of our house.

"Why did Dad install cameras in our house, to watch it any of those animatronics go up the elevator into our house of it any guests were coming in to take the elevator down."

I thought at the time but now I can guess it was probably to keep an eye out if any police come into the house for him if they found him out or to monitor if anything escaped from down here wanting revenge. I looked at the plush again but this time noticing very faint stitching in its chest, the thread was the same as the plush's materials.

"I don't remember this thing ever being ripped, James carried it with him everywhere even to school. Why is it stitched up?" I thought as I picked it up, wondering what was inside. I cut open the stitching with my small pocket knife. There was just stuffing at first but when I dug my hand in, I felt cold plastic. I pulled it out to find it was a switch with buttons along with a radio, the radios that Fazbear Entertainment used back at Fredbear's.

"What was this doing inside of here, was someone listening and watching James?"

I thought as I pressed the buttons on the remote to see on the monitor several cameras where Fredbear plushes that I thought was James or my friends trying to spook me. Each one is where I saw each plush with cameras inside of them to keep watching James, from watching at Fredbear's to his room. I switched from cameras at an old Fredbear's to some in the parking lot to the sidewalk to our front yard and all the way to his room. Someone was watching him so he wouldn't say or do something, I didn't know what at the time. In the camera inside of the plush in the office, I saw it was manufactured by Afton Robotics along with a sound chip which had its own button on the remote. I made an ear piercing loud pitched sound that messed with my head until I turned it off, it came from the plush. Still confused and desperate for answers, I turned on the radio to find a log with the number of times someone spoke through it to the other radios in the specific frequency it was set in. It had so many dates but they weren't in a row, the difference was sometimes from a couple of days to weeks, even months before being used to speak through again. I noticed on the desk was a twin radio set to the same frequency and had the same dates of being talked through. Underneath it was a chart of those exact dates and what the person through the radio said to James. It was my father's handwriting. What was strange was there were many gaps in dates when James had always carried the plush around claiming it was alive and talking to it all the time since the first day he claimed it was alive. The first date the radio was used was three days after James claimed his toy was possessed by a lost soul according to the notes. It begged the question if the toy really was alive because in several of the logs it also kept mentioning how James was questioning why his toy kept changing opinions left and right. Was the toy truly possessed? I couldn't bear to hold it anymore and set it back down on the desk where I found it.

"What is going on here?!" I screamed into the seemingly empty hallways. I picked up the tablet to see the Fredbear plush stitched up again and holding the radio. I began freaking out so I turned on the tablet to distract myself. For a while, all I could find was a series of halls and rooms in this one office. It felt like more of a giant storage closet than an office. At the very end of the of this storage area, there was animatronic sitting there, staring right into my eyes.