Chapter 7: The Twisted Search for the Lost Ones

Meanwhile, Springtrap was almost at the rotting building he once called good old home. He had taken many shortcuts through forests and now during the growing darkness as it becomes night. He had gone through many streets he remembered once riding his bike on with his friends that he soon lost touch of after high school. He began remembering more and more of the things he had forgotten about until he stumbled upon a stone step walkway. It was his walkway as his house was the only one in his neighbourhood to have it. The house was a mixture of dark greys and blacks as it rotted from its once beautiful white and light grey to now show the depression from within. He began walking up remembering when he first walked on the grass when they moved here to the day he ran away from his son in fear.

But now he wasn't afraid, he was going to confront his past, not the lie he has been living for him and his family's life. He looked through the windows on the bottom floor and not the lines in the attic to see if any lights were on but to not much surprise due to the house's condition, none of them was on. No car, no sign of recent activity for a couple of years, no sign of a mowed lawn in a long while, not even footprints in the tall grass or any sort of mark's made by man. He walked to the door, opening it to the very squeaky creaks and broken wood to find everything ransacked as if a wild animal came through. Everything was rotting and cockroaches were almost in every corner as well as cobwebs. "Whatever Michael was doing here, he lost it." Springtrap thought as he walked through the old rooms until he stumbled upon his room. Surprisingly no beer bottles from the last time William went in there but it was only this room that was neatly ordered which is not how he left it when he left.

"Why this room of all places? If he bothered cleaning this he would have cleaned the whole house." Springtrap said as he began looking through his drawers to find anything. He didn't find anything until he looks through his private work table, he saw a dusty old book, a rusted knife that he hasn't used in a while, an old telephone from the late '70s, and a new hospital doctor's phone number and address paper. He took out the book and new hospital paper as his curiosity got the better of him with the book.

"What did this book contain again. I haven't been able to read it since I went to the last Fazbear's so I have forgotten all about it." he said as he began flipping through to realise it was his life diary. It started from when he was five and learned how to write, how he was very shy and often made fun of. There was only one person who was nice to him from the beginning until he got other friends and the end of college it said. It was a girl, her name was Alexa Thompson.

"My wife." Springtrap said in immediate realization, but he continued through anyways. It said how in high school she was in love with another boy, Joseph Fitzgerald. She dated him and went out with him even having a child. They went out until their senior year where he laid his eyes on another girl and took the baby they named Jeremy. Heartbroken, Alexa then noticed William starting to accompany her and start talking to her a lot more often. He started giving her love letters, gifts, and kisses. On graduation, it says one of the many bullies William faced who was one of the few from elementary began teasing William and called Alexa a slut. He and three of his friends threw empty wine bottles at them from their car as they cornered them but only the bully got out. He was hammered from a party at his house for graduating and puked on Alexa's hand made dress she made herself and on some of it got on her face as well. He started laughing so hard while pointing at her face calling that her new look expressed how she was an ugly bitch and kept laughing.

William became furious and snapped, he called the bully a bastard a picked out one of the bottles and smashed it on the bully's head and stabbed it into his chest and kicked it in. The bully fell back into the car's back seat, screaming while the bully's friends drove off very fast. Alexa was scared but mainly upset on her dress being ruined and thankful for William driving them away but not realising at the moment how this would bite them in the future.