Chapter 7: The Twisted Search for the Lost Ones

Fritz went to lay in bed and think of the sad thoughts that had rushed her from earlier and cried but thought of how William wanted to die and so she told herself that he is in a better place now along with everyone else. She could barely sleep for she had a nightmare where she was back at Freddy Fazbear's in 1987. She felt alone again but not in the good alone, in the being watched alone, just like that night. She became paranoid now knowing why everything at Freddy's happened. It's all because of the poor children's spirits who forever suffer. She decided to go to the last known real restaurant the next day if she's could sleep without nightmares of the animatronics and how much pain they caused everyone. It was twisted for her to think the nightmares as acceptable as she kept seeing them when she tried to sleep. Even after everything that morning and the early nightmares, she still forced herself to sleep with medication and went on into the dream realm and stayed there until her alarm for the next day.

"Tomorrow is another day..." she told herself.

"Another day for new answers to my old questions." She thought of the animatronics from 1983 all to 87 and how they looked and every tragedy and how they tried to kill her. She then closed her eyes slowly and prepared for the nightmares in her deep sleep.

Meanwhile, Springtrap had a cold trace on his son since he never seen him in years or knew where he went, but something hit him.

"Wait, when I left I was in my 40's, maybe late 50's and he didn't have anywhere to go so he must be at my old house, our old house." He then turned down a path to try to find a map for he didn't know where in America he was. He followed white paint on the trees until a map came into view. He walked over and saw a rest stop area with restrooms, a big map of the woods, and a mini-map of the woods and of Texas. He remembered his old house address and street and noticed he was in the countryside when his family's house was near the city and he soon found the street and the multiple routes to take. He then noticed the sun began to rise so he quickly ran deeper into the woods with the map of the outskirts to the city and began to follow multiple sets of routes that he could take to get there without going through the public areas to avoid knowledge of his existence to people. He soon found an old road began to walk down it, slowly and loudly. Klink, klonk, went his metal and plastic feet against the road, Klink klonk. Every step he took for miles just, Klink klonk. Kilnk klo-eep, Beep Beep!

Fritz suddenly sat up, breathing heavily as she realised it was her phone alarm. She rubbed her eyes and swiped the phone so it would stop as she would slowly come back to reality. She opened her eyes to what she thought the eyes of Freddy Fazbear in the darkest corner of her room. She screamed at the top her lungs at the eyes but the eyes were really of her cat on the tall, thin dresser.

"Oh *Deep Breathe* it just you Alex. You scared me I thought you were..." She picked him up as she heard loud banging on her front door. She set him down in the living room and opened the door to find her 3 next-door neighbours. Levi was southern and had his fedora and sunglasses on. Mark was skinny and tall but shy. Joseph was around 63 years old and a doctor here in Brooklyn since the late 1970s.

"Ma'am, are you okay? We heard you scream." said Levi with his southern accent as Fritz assured them she was fine.

"But you screamed like you were being murdered, are you sure you're okay?" asked Mark.

"I'm fine Mark, I just had a nightmare that wasn't good, that's all." Joseph rose his eyebrow.

"I'm not convinced, Fritz. I'm kind of an expert at screams at this point of my career because I am an ER doctor and have heard serval over my near 46 years of working but that scream wasn't just one of a nightmare, that was true fear of death scream. You are also so pale like you have seen a ghost, you need some rest. It isn't alright for you to be up and about while looking and screaming like that. Oh speaking of which, we are all especially sorry for you since your job just burned to the ground."

"It what?" Fritz said as Joseph handed her the newspaper on her porch and read.

"It Burned. The new Fazbear Fright attraction just a couple days away from opening just burned to the ground. Police do not suspect foul play but faulty wiring. Remaining relics have been salvaged and will be auctioned at the museum."

"Huh?" She thought as many thoughts raced through her mind but only one stood out.

"So it burning down succeeded. I hope William made it out or is now at peace." She began to cry at these thoughts but the neighbours mistook it.

"We're sorry for this inconvenience. But don't worry, I think you'll get another job very quick you'll forget about this one and it will be much better than an amusement park attraction." She looked up and gave a confused look.

"Huh what? Oh yeah, there was so much I wanted to admit about that stupid restaurant chain and about everything that happened there. Thank you all for caring about little old me." Fritz said as they all smiled.

"Hey, no problem we have all been friends since you and Michael moved in." Mark said as she smiled as she thanked them for caring especially for Michael's death.

"Oh! uh, Joseph!" Fritz suddenly said.

"Yeah, Fritz?" Joseph asked as he was just walking away with the other two.

"How is that patient that you have been taking care of the last year?" Fritz asked as Joseph told her.

"Which one?" She started pacing as she remembered which one.

"The uh...one at the edge of the city you've been a doctor for since way back, how are they?" Joseph took a second to respond.

"Oh. Them, yeah they have been doing... Well not too good but alright for now, but getting worse as time passes." Fritz held her hand against her heart as she shouted

"Oh, that is awful. I hope they get better." Joseph began walking away but looking back.

"Yeah, I do too. I have been a really good friend with them, I'm trying my best. I have to go there right now." He walked over to his car as he put on a coat he had in his arm as Fritz told him goodbye and went inside. She tried to watch TV to take her mind off it and rest as Joseph said but it was all saturated with the burning of Fazbear Fright. But then, the thought struck her that she was going to the last location to find more answers on this whole company. So she stuck with it, she got suited up, brought her lighter, flashlight, crowbar, and phone and began to drive there using a GPS as she didn't care enough for this location she never wanted to know it but now, she has to change her mind.

As she drove into the parking lot as the sky began to darken, she saw the old, decrepit, and collapsing building with the withering "Freddy Fazbear's Pizza" sign on the building causing her to frown and take a deep breathe in and out. She stuffed her things into a backpack and put it on. She slowly and carefully opened the push door as it fell over when fully opened. She walked in, breathing in some dust making her cough, and looking around to see how everything was rotting but no animatronics to be seen. She naturally started to panic to see those possessed robots not there but soon noticed a faint black trail in the hallway to the bathrooms.

She walked closer and saw the rotting remains of the animatronics as she walked back in shock to see them like this, torn to pieces but an object and noticed that some pieces are missing. She soon realised that pieces were missing such as all of their heads, Freddy's and bonnie's bodies, foxy's hook, and chica's cupcake. She then remembered in Fazbear Fright those "props" were in the building when she was there so now she knows where they went but something else was bothering her, the mystery of what happened.

"What happened here?" She said to herself as she looked around noticing dry oil, broken animatronic parts, chopped down wooden board pieces, and a doorway she doesn't recognize.

"Huh, was this door always here? Or is it new? I don't really remember since I haven't remembered this old building room layout." She thought as she entered looking around noticing the dry blood of where someone or something sat and bled out.

"Oh god. Is. Is this where... William died?" Fritz said aloud as she began tearing up but soon noticing several boxes just sitting there, unopened and untouched for years.