Ch.13 Late night talks

I was in my room re-reading the note that Thomas had given me.

' I know we don't know each other that well, but maybe I could change that next Saturday over a nice dinner, say around  7:00?'

And right below that was his number. I was wondering if I should call him or not, I mean he was known for being a player, but then again he was sweet and sexy, which wasn't a bad combo. Before I had time to reply the door bell rang. I went down stairs to answer it, but my dad beat me to it.

" Hey Chris, I'm guessing your hear to see Emma?"

Chris let out a little chuckle, "yeah, I need to talk to her about school and stuff, you know the usually."

"Of course come on in Emma's upstairs in her room I think."

I was almost on the last step when I seen Chris walking toward me, I knew I would have to talk to him and Rose sooner or later. Chris seen me as I got off the last step and was coming to hug me, but I stoped him, I needed to talk to him first. He looked a little confused,

"what's wrong?"

"We need to talk, but lets go out On the deck, where there's more privacy"

He gave me a wired look but followed me out side. We went to the deck and sat on the porch swing, I took a deep breath and said what I had been dying to say since I found out.

"I know about you and Rose, and before you say anything, I'm not mad you two are together, I'm mad that you guess keep it from me."

I was waiting for him explain him self when Rose walked on the porch. If it wasn't already raining out side you'd still feel the depressing mood that had been created on the deck.

"She knows, she found out about us." Chris said in a tone I couldn't place.

Roses face fell, I don't understand why there acting so weird about this, why would they think I would be mad at them for dating? I mean I think I'm a very understanding person.

" Look, Emma we were going to tell you, but we didn't want you to feel like the third will or be jealous because you don't have anyone."

Wow, I couldn't believe that they said that, I mean I understand the whole me feeling like a third will,it's actually very sweet and nice of them,  but they thought I was so lonely that I would be jealous.

" Well that tells me what you think of me Rose, we have been best-friends since we were little, us too Chris and you guys act like you have never meet me in my entire life, I don't care that you two are dating, actually I think you two are cute together, but why keep the secret for so long, and to think that I was going to be jealous just because I'm not dating anyone is just stupid."

" Well can you blame us for keeping it, you've never had a boyfriend in your life, so I didn't want you to become jealous of Our relationship or try to get between us, I mean sometimes you can get very controlling."

And then under her breath she said "Which is probably why no one will date you."

By this time we were yelling back and forth, well Rose and I were, Chris was just sitting there listening, he didn't even bother to say one word. Which hurt, I felt like he didn't even care if we weren't friends anymore. A few seconds later Caleb walked on to the deck Looking confused and slightly annoyed.