Ch.16 The Void

I was waiting for one of the guys to answer, what could Thomas have done that was so bad. I feel like there being a little over dramatic, I mean I know he plays with girls and all but that's all I have ever heard about him.

"Spit it out, what's so bad about Thomas?"

I said getting aggravated. We had been standing there for a minute, the guys were looking back and forth at each other as if trying to decide weather or not they should tell me.

" Okay, well where do we start?Umm....when we were in middle school all of us guys used to hang out. We were the best of friends, well Caleb was closer to Thomas then us, but it didn't matter. The summer before high school started, Thomas was more distant and he acted different."

Dylan stopped talking and looked at Caleb waiting for him to speck. I tuned my attention to him wanting to here what he had to say, I needed to know what Thomas had done and what he had gotten into.

"I asked him a couple of time were he was always going and how come he never had time to hang out, but he never gave me an answer he would always change the subject it just say it didn't matter. So one day I followed him after he left my house, he walked a few blocks down and then stopped. I stayed a few blocks behind to make sure he didn't see me, but when I seen a black SUV stop in front of him I knew something was up."

He took a deep breath and looked at Luke, it's like they couldn't finish the story without them each telling a part of the story. It was getting aggravating. I tuned my attention to Luke waiting for him to speak now.

"Have you ever heard of the void gang?" Luke asked raising an eyebrow.

"Once or twice, why?"

"Well, when Caleb told me about the SUV I did some research , also he told me he seen a symbol on the back window of the car, which helped me find out what Thomas has been doing and I figured out that the SUV that picked up Thomas belonged to them."

Wow okay, I pretty much knew where this was going. I knew Thomas and the boys did some bad things, but being in a gang was a totally different matter. As I was trying to process everything that was running though my head Luke started to talk again.

"After I found out I told Caleb and he told the guys." 

He said pointing back to Dylan and Mason, who were just standing behind him ready to tell the next part of the story.  Mason started to speck next, it was like it was a script they had practice plenty of times, like they all had their own lines. 

"When Luke and Caleb told us about Thomas I thought it would be a good idea to talk to him about it, hear his side of the story. So we invited Thomas over and sat him down and confronted him about it, at first he was silent, then he got mad because we were all in his business. Eventually he was back to the same old Thomas we knew, but he was sad and distressed, He told us he had gotten himself in something he couldn't get out of. We new we had to help him, even though we were 14 at the time we still did anything for each other. We started helping him with jobs every now and then, but not to often because he didn't want us to get to involved and get hurt."

The mood in the room had become somber, which was the opposite of how it felt when I had first entered. 

"After awhile he had become more committed to the gang, he wasn't acting like himself and eventually he stopped coming around, we new he had changed but after we learned he had become a highly respected gang member we new he was gone for the person he used to be forever."